Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: ZX-M body w/extras and Tamron 28-70 Adaptall lens

My wife is going to kill me if I don't sell off some of this stuff. $75 for both the camera and the lens. The lens itself is very good, and I'll probably regret selling it. (it goes for $159 still at B&H, or $70 used - I can say it is definitely a quality piece of glass, I just have two other lenses covering the same range now)

Pentax ZX-M 35mm all manual camera (except for the winder, that's battery powered). It will come with the pentax cable release and the battery grip too. I think I bought it in '99. Would be a great camera if you were doing B&W film for a photography class.

(see keh.com it's listed there at $89, and that's just for the body, none of the extras.

Condition: It's in great shape, It has one mark that I could find that almost resembles a scratch, but there's no marring of the plastic at all.

Lens:
Tamron 28-70 f3.5/4.5 manual focus lens (Adaptall, with P/K mount) This was my workhorse for years. It has a macro function if you twist the zoom beyond the 70mm mark, so you can take 1:3 macros with it.
Condition: Optically it's in good shape, no fungus/scratches/marks of any kind on the glass. The barrell, I must say, isn't in such good shape, cosmetically. (the markings have mostly flaked off, though this doesn't mean a lot because the apertures are on the p/k mount itself, and those are fine)

The front end wobbles slightly if you wiggle it, but I've read (years ago) that this lens does that. It was never an issue for me, and this was my "go-to" lens for years.

anyone interest at all? make an offer?

Last edited by khardur; 01-29-2008 at 02:46 PM.
06-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
sorry, I forgot about this post for a while: I just updated the prices if anyone is possibly interested in this.
06-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
curious...

So this is not a camera that only requires a battery for the light meter, correct?

I am searching for a couple of options, possibly an ME or MX, in anticipation of an eventual trip into Alaska or Africa. (To be used as a backup unit.)

Regards,
Marc
06-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
no Marc, unfortunately Pentax built a winder right in, and it has electronically controlled shutter too.

I know your thoughts - before I switched to Pentax I had Yashica FX-7's, basically like you said, only needed the button cells for the meter, everything else was manual.

06-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
sale pending on the body/battery grip/cable release.

tamron adaptall 28-70mm macro (1:3) (with adaptall-2 mount) is still for sale. Make an offer if interested. (no reasonable offer refused)

If I don't have any interest in it in the next week I'll just take it off and perhaps use it with an extension tube as a dedicated macro lens. *shrug*