Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
[SOLD] Tokina AT-X 300mm f2.8 KA mount Manual Focus Lens

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tokina AT-X 300mm f2.8 KA mount Manual Focus Lens

Asking Price
$US 550 for lens plus $US 60 for 112mm Tamron UV filter

Item Description
The lens is in excellent shape. There are few if any marks or blemishes on the barrel. The glass is clear. The aperture is clean. The lens has a KA mount. The few times that I used this lens it worked flawlessly on the Pentax K10D.

The lens comes with a tokina rear cap, a generic 112mm screw on front cap, a dedicated lens hood, a dedicated drop in rear filter, a leatherette type of bag to carry the lens, and a dedicated lens case to hold all of the above. All of the accessories are in excellent condition.

You can also purchase a 112mm Tamron UV filter that screws into the front of the lens. When this filter is attached, the lens hood fits firmly onto the filter but does not slide past the filter to attach normally to the lens barrel. I always shot with the filter attached and found that that the lens hood remained in place.

If you wish additional images I can email them to you.

I can also email original raw images (10 megs) taken with the lens, so you can pixel peep at your leisure

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Mint

Item Location
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada

Shipping Charge
$30 for US and Canada, more elsewhere

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
To see a review of a similar lens by a true artist, point your browser to Legacy Lenses Tokina AT-X 300mm f2.8 SD - Fourthirdsphoto Forum

To see bird and other wild life images taken with a similar lens and Olympus equipment which forces him to use the lens in stop down mode, I think, point your browser to Jens Birch's photos- powered by SmugMug

When I got the lens, I did not use it until I found a Tamron 112mm UV filter to protect the front SD glass and I also purchased a generic 112mm screw on cap. I am selling the filter separately because 1- when the filter is fitted to the front of the lens the lens hood has to be squeezed onto the filter and 2 - the hood is so deep you probably don't need the filter to protect the lens.

I find that I just don't use this lens simply because it is just too heavy to be hand held. I must use either a monopod or a tripod! Every time my dog sees me pick up the monopod she winces because I have inadvertently hit her with it a couple of times.

Bottom line - this is not an inconspicuous lens, because when the dedicated lens hood is attached, the lens draws a lot of attention.

The person I bought the lends from purchased the lens from KEH for $789 in 2006 and the lens was rated by KEH as EX condition. He used it very infrequently, for much the same reason that it has seen sporadic use from me.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by gscara; 05-21-2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Ambiguity in the selling currency
05-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Tokina 300mm more images

Some more images, plus of course, a bird image
Attached Images

05-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
I say, wow. Wonderful lens! I ALMOST have enough guts to buy, but I'd never be able to use it.

I hope someone picks this up and takes great pics like it deserves to do.
05-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Tokina vs. Tamron

I had decided on picking up the Tamron 300mm 2.8 for my sports photos until I saw this. Any views on this Tokina lens versus the Tamron?

05-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
:O 112mm filter size!!
05-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM sent on lens
05-22-2009, 03:37 AM   #7
roy
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
great lens, great price
almost wish i didn't have the tammy 300/2.8

roy

QuoteOriginally posted by gscara Quote
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tokina AT-X 300mm f2.8 KA mount Manual Focus Lens

Asking Price
$US 550 for lens plus $US 60 for 112mm Tamron UV filter

Item Description
The lens is in excellent shape. There are few if any marks or blemishes on the barrel. The glass is clear. The aperture is clean. The lens has a KA mount. The few times that I used this lens it worked flawlessly on the Pentax K10D.

The lens comes with a tokina rear cap, a generic 112mm screw on front cap, a dedicated lens hood, a dedicated drop in rear filter, a leatherette type of bag to carry the lens, and a dedicated lens case to hold all of the above. All of the accessories are in excellent condition.

You can also purchase a 112mm Tamron UV filter that screws into the front of the lens. When this filter is attached, the lens hood fits firmly onto the filter but does not slide past the filter to attach normally to the lens barrel. I always shot with the filter attached and found that that the lens hood remained in place.

If you wish additional images I can email them to you.

I can also email original raw images (10 megs) taken with the lens, so you can pixel peep at your leisure

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Mint

Item Location
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada

Shipping Charge
$30 for US and Canada, more elsewhere

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
To see a review of a similar lens by a true artist, point your browser to Legacy Lenses Tokina AT-X 300mm f2.8 SD - Fourthirdsphoto Forum

To see bird and other wild life images taken with a similar lens and Olympus equipment which forces him to use the lens in stop down mode, I think, point your browser to Jens Birch's photos- powered by SmugMug

When I got the lens, I did not use it until I found a Tamron 112mm UV filter to protect the front SD glass and I also purchased a generic 112mm screw on cap. I am selling the filter separately because 1- when the filter is fitted to the front of the lens the lens hood has to be squeezed onto the filter and 2 - the hood is so deep you probably don't need the filter to protect the lens.

I find that I just don't use this lens simply because it is just too heavy to be hand held. I must use either a monopod or a tripod! Every time my dog sees me pick up the monopod she winces because I have inadvertently hit her with it a couple of times.

Bottom line - this is not an inconspicuous lens, because when the dedicated lens hood is attached, the lens draws a lot of attention.

The person I bought the lends from purchased the lens from KEH for $789 in 2006 and the lens was rated by KEH as EX condition. He used it very infrequently, for much the same reason that it has seen sporadic use from me.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

05-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Tokina 300mm AT-X

Sale for this lens is pending.
05-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 181 (100%)
If it falls through, please PM your previous buyer. I love your Tokina 400mm f/5.6 SD

Whoever gets the 300mm f/2.8 is a lucky dude.

Hin
05-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #10

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Thanks, I just paid him for it.

I hope it works as nice as it looks - we will see.