Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
[SOLD] MINT! Vivitar Series 1 105mm F2.5 1:1 Macro (Made by Kiron)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
MINT! Vivitar Series 1 105mm F2.5 1:1 Macro (Made by Kiron)

Asking Price
USD500

Item Description
Ok, I'm sitting here wiping my tears with Pec*Pads... Well, maybe not quite, but I really didn't want to sell this. However I don't use it much, and need to cover some recent CBA and LBA.

I bought this back in November from a guy who got it as new old stock and only mounted it on his camera 2-3 times. Since I got it I have only used it maybe 10-12 times and it has only been outside 3 times, two of which were on the back patio.

It is in absolutely mint condition. I have all the original contents, and even the box looks like it has never left the shelf. Contents of box are:
  • Lens with original front and rear caps
  • Hard case
  • Paperwork still in original plastic bag
  • Carrying strap for hard case, still in original plastic bag, never opened
  • Original desiccant bag

The lens and all associated materials are in mint condition. Glass is clean, barrel is without any marks, focus and aperture are smooth and clean. Basically everything you would expect from a brand new lens.

I have taken a lot of photos of everything, and in addition to the photos below you can find even more detail here:

Vivitar Series 1 105mm F2.5 (Kiron) - a set on Flickr

The Flickr set also has full resolution versions of the photos in this post.

As I mentioned I have hardly used the lens, so I don't have any stunning shots of hairy unshaved legs on bugs etc. I have posted a couple feeble attempts at flower macros below.

I don't know what else there is to say about this lens that you don't already know, but if you think of something I will do what I can to answer you.

Due to the high $ value I will only ship outside of US if you have enough Posts/Feedback on this forum, unless you can otherwise convince me to trust you.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Mint

Item Location
Atlanta, GA, US

Shipping Charge
Actual costs

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail (International), UPS

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
As you can see the serial starts with 22 which means it is made by Kiron.

The two small lines to the top left of the glass are reflections of the room, not scratches.

And two sample shots:

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

07-15-2009, 12:47 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
excellent lens in very excellent condition!
07-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
nice1, unfortunately donīt have money for now I would buy it from next month paycheck but I think some one will buy it earlier..
07-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gemini Quote
excellent lens in very excellent condition!
QuoteOriginally posted by aCIDfire Quote
nice1, unfortunately donīt have money for now I would buy it from next month paycheck but I think some one will buy it earlier..
Thanks. It definitely is in as good a condition as they come without being new. Economy is not the best right now, so who knows... maybe it will still be there come payday :-)

That is unless someone would like to trade me for a Bigma

07-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 59 (100%)
I own one of this lens, and I can only say, it is a superb lens, particularly for Macro shots.
Sharp as one could ever want.
A photo to give this a bit of a kick along : (Hope you dont mine Emil!)

07-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
you couldn't get any sharper and faster than the Kiron 2.5. truly a beast. I would had bought this right now if I didn't held on to my serviced FA 100 2.8. for this price for a classic S1 Vivitar at excellent condition, it is trully a bargain.
07-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I own one of this lens, and I can only say, it is a superb lens, particularly for Macro shots.
Sharp as one could ever want.
A photo to give this a bit of a kick along : (Hope you dont mine Emil!)
The only thing I mind is that I never had the patience to get shots like that :-) But I guess if I did I wouldn't be selling...

07-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #8

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
I would absolutely love to have this lens!!!!, I just got a K10D and purchased a Pentax 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 lens. I would rather spend the money once on something good then spend money several times on something mediocre. However I am just new to my dSLR and learning and still feeling quite intimidated.

Derek
07-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
This is my favorite lens, and the best quality that I own (including the DA* 16-50mm and DA* 50-135mm).

You cannot go wrong with this lens.
07-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #10

Original Poster
No one ready to pull the trigger?

Check all the endorsements of this lens above

You sure you haven't always wanted to do macros? Here's your chance to do it with the perfect lens.

And to clarify for anyone who might be in doubt. This is a manual focus lens, but when doing macros AF is not really that useful - you'll want to use manual focus to make sure you get exactly the result you're looking for. It does however have the "A" setting to let you control aperture from camera and get it recorded in the EXIF.
07-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #11

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by emilf Quote
It does however have the "A" setting to let you control aperture from camera and get it recorded in the EXIF.
Another big plus for the "A" setting is you get proper P-TTL flash control. (Lenses without the "A" setting push the flash into manual mode.)

One more endorsement ...

(taken with the Lester A. Dine 105mm/2.8 edition of this great lens)
07-19-2009, 04:21 AM   #12

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
...PM sent.
07-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aCIDfire Quote
...PM sent.
Lens has tentatively been sold. While I don't expect any problems, feel free to put in your name and I'll reserve a spot in the queue for you.
08-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Queque.. if the lens are still on sale ...

I dont have enough Posts/Feedback on this forum .. sorry

Enrico Itay