Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
[SOLD] PENTAX FA 100mm 2.8 MACRO

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
PENTAX FA 100mm 2.8 MACRO

Asking Price
375$ US

Item Description
This lens doesnt need much presentation.
Is an extraordinary lens,In excellent + condition.All elements are pristine and the lens would look NEW,except for the way the previous (and ONLY )owner glued the lens cap cord attachment to the lens barrel.(see photo)
I bought this lens from the State of a professional Photographer ,locally and in person,and paid a fair price to the owner.This person was aware of the condition and quality of this lens,and its value.It was acquired form the original owner,and the lens has seen VERY little USE.

Every thing works great.The focus Clamp,can be adjusted to increase or decrease friction in the focus ring,for Manual or Auto focus operation.Auto focus Range can also be controlled by a dial.Pristine Optics and diaphragm.
Lens comes in original Case,with original Pentax caps.

I am asking 375$ Cash,plus shipping,kind of setting a price point ,since a copy just sold here for the same amount.
I am open to accept a digital body,as a partial trade,We can negotiate this.I would give preference to the straight sale,unless the trade offer is very Sweet!

I do have some good feedback in this Forum,for some sales and also some Ebay feedback(mostly as a buyer),If you need some references.

Thank You

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Portland ,OR,USA

Shipping Charge
15$ CONUS,plus fees

Shipping Services
USPS priority

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
The original(and only)owner glued the cord attachment to the front cap to the body,and marred the barrel,in an area.this is merely cosmetic.Besides this ,the lens is perfect in all regards.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot A590 IS  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
07-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Bump for a great lens. If i didn't have one already I would be buying this one!!
Good luck with the sale!
07-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
by some reason, I think I came across with this particular FA 100 before. did you purchase this recently?
07-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No,The lens has been outside only when in my possesion and before that ,In a closed camera bag for some time,It was handed to me by the original owner ,locally ...So I dont think you have ,Unless We both live in the same town,and We met in the street,or You met the first owner a while back...

Now ,..IF you want to come across this lens,HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!

07-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
by some reason, I think I came across with this particular FA 100 before ....
This just shows how special Pentax lenses are!
People remember individual pieces that they have met.
07-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes,And they even remember individual pieces that they have NOT met!!

Besides the Joke,I am saying this ,because I posted the thread to sell the lens,and the implication of this lens being "remembered",Are that maybe the lens come from some other source that the one I stated,or that the lens has been "around"(like Ebay ,etc...).This would be in contradiction with my statement,and Could make the whole sale a bit "cloudy"...

This Guy has NOT seen my lens,And therefore He CANNOT remember it..Lets make this clear.

Last edited by mayoapo; 07-25-2009 at 08:09 AM.
07-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mayoapo Quote
Yes,And they even remember individual pieces that they have NOT met!!

Besides the Joke,I am saying this ,because I posted the thread to sell the lens,and the implication of this lens being "remembered",Are that maybe the lens come from some other source that the one I stated,or that the lens has been "around"(like Ebay ,etc...).This would be in contradiction with my statement,and Could make the whole sale a bit "cloudy"...

This Guy has NOT seen my lens,And therefore He CANNOT remember it..Lets make this clear.
well just by mentioning those scenarios, I think that I saw it on eBay. that is why I asked you if you got it recently. and I think there is no other lens with an attached lens cord on the body. deja vu?
07-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I wouldn't know if there are other FA 100mm 2.8 macro lenses with an attached lens cord on the body...,But this lens has never been on Ebay.

Last edited by mayoapo; 07-25-2009 at 12:30 AM.
07-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Hi Pentaxor, I also own the FA 35 f2, FA 50 f1.7 and FA 100 f2.8 macro. They are really great lenses!
07-25-2009, 08:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bumping this thread .This lens is extraordinary.
07-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I wouldn't know if there are other FA 100mm 2.8 macro lenses with an attached lens cord on the body...,But this lens has never been on Ebay.
maybe. but it's really weird. I don't think that you posted those pictures before or someplace either.

but anyways, as long as the buyer doesn't mind the attached lens cord, the FA 100 is a great lens. I got one and would attest to this. I like it's solid built and construction and of course, it's focus limiter which is really of big help.
07-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knifeman Quote
Hi Pentaxor, I also own the FA 35 f2, FA 50 f1.7 and FA 100 f2.8 macro. They are really great lenses!
they really are indeed.
07-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
pentaxor,pentaxor...

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
maybe. but it's really weird. I don't think that you posted those pictures before or someplace either.

but anyways, as long as the buyer doesn't mind the attached lens cord, the FA 100 is a great lens. .
Pentaxor

I dont really understand where you are coming from..or where are you going,..But it really starts to bother me that you are qualifying my sale as "really weard",Or doubting my word here...
Let aside the fact that you are trying to put down my lens...Why? ..I dont know...Maybe you want to sale yours ,as soon as it gets repaired...OR maybe you have lost too much sleep over the problems with your FA 100 macro(you stated this in one of your posts)and maybe are getting a little delusional....
07-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Pentaxor

I dont really understand where you are coming from..or where are you going,..But it really starts to bother me that you are qualifying my sale as "really weard",Or doubting my word here...
Let aside the fact that you are trying to put down my lens...Why? ..I dont know...Maybe you want to sale yours ,as soon as it gets repaired...OR maybe you have lost too much sleep over the problems with your FA 100 macro(you stated this in one of your posts)and maybe are getting a little delusional....
hey dude, I'm not trying to put down your sale. instead of cutting out my whole post, why don't you include the missing part of it, eh? so that your suspicious mind could comprehend fully what I was trying to point out? got it?

never did I mentioned that your lens is ugly nor defective nor it's worthless. you are free to shoot me if I did that. but since I didn't and obviously not, let's say you are just too paranoid or too damn desperate to make a sale.

and No, I'm not delusional just because I dont have my FA 100 with me right now. nor Am I that desperate to sell mine. for starters, there are a lot of people who are looking for this particular lens. so don't think that it wont get sold just because of your paranoia that somebody is trying to sabotage you?

I'm not a lowlife if that's what you think. I'm trying to help you out here. I just said that I think I saw something similar like this. so what's wrong with that? did I say something like I saw a similar FA 100 lens that is "defective"? YES OR NO?

Last edited by Pentaxor; 07-25-2009 at 12:38 PM.
07-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok..So when I said that the lens has never been on Ebay,and you responded "MAYBE,(maybe?)BUT I DONT THINK THAT THERE IS ANOTHER LENS WITH THE CORD ATTACHED TO IT"..What are you trying to say?..
I dont need your help to sell this lens,or to put it down...I am closing this thread,because this is not my style..I like Pentaxforums,The members are passionate about our brand,polite and knowledgeable..I have sold and bought some 20 items here in two plus years,If i did it out of desperation is NOT your bussiness..And neither is If i am desperate right NOw..
I think you questioned my word ,and that can be read beetwen lines easily ,As I will point to the moderators when i ask them to prevent you to post in any of my future threads.
The Lens will be reposted soon,and available .
Thanks All..