Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
[SOLD] Excellent Condition BLACK Pentax KX, SMC K 50mm F1.4

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Excellent Condition BLACK Pentax KX, SMC K 50mm F1.4

Asking Price
Pentax KX USD150, SMC K 50mm F1.4 USD85, Combined USD200

Item Description
I would prefer to sell these two items together since that is how they came originally, but I have also listed individual prices.

This BLACK Pentax KX is in excellent condition. It was owned by a collector and doesn't look to have seen much use. I haven't actually taken any photos with it, but was told that it is in fully working condition which as best as I can tell is also the case (meter works, shutter sounds accurate etc.).

Cosmetically it is in very nice condition as you can see from the photos below. Hardly any signs of use, but the photos should speak for themselves.

The camera comes with the instruction manual which is also in very good condition.

I don't know if the SMC K 50m F1.4 is the actual lens that was sold with the camera, but it would be the standard 50mm for that time.

The lens is also in great condition. There is a small amount of brassing on and around the aperture ring as well as a little on the edge of the focusing ring. There is also a small scratch in the coating on the filter ring, but a filter screws on and off with no problems so it hasn't affected the threads.

Aperture blades and ring move smoothly and the blades are clean. Focus is smooth and well dampened.

As you can see below there is fine dust in the lens, but I see no particular evidence of it in the photos taken with it (also below).

I tried to take plenty of detailed photos so that you don't have to rely on my description, but can judge the condition for yourself. If there is some detail I did not cover please let me know and I will do my best to add more photos.

It was a little hard to figure out how to price this as there have not been much in the way of sales here on the forum. If you look at KEH you will see that they are listing a Black Pentax KX in EX condition for USD205 and a K series 50mm F1.4 in EX condition for USD144. Realistically I'd say that the camera is at least in EX condition, but more likely EX+ while the lens is probably in the lower end of EX, but better than the standard BGN.

Since I am not particularly well versed in film cameras, I will offer you a 'warranty' on the camera. If you find something wrong with the camera or my representation of it within the first 7 days after you receive it I will offer you a full refund on the purchase price (provided you return it in the same condition as I sent it off in). If you live in the US I will also refund the shipping costs both ways. International I will only refund the original shipping costs - you will be responsible for the return shipping.

See the full Flickr set here:

Black Pentax KX, Pentax SMC K 50mm F1.4 - a set on Flickr

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Atlanta, GA, US

Shipping Charge
Actual costs

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail (International), UPS

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by emilf; 08-01-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Reduced price
07-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #2

Original Poster
There has been some interest in the lens, but nothing final.
07-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
FWIW - I bought an excellent cosmetic condition silver KX with a non-original M 50/1.7 from a local camera shop for $125. The K lens is wht the KX would have sold with.

I replaced the seals on mine, but unfortunately mine requires some CLA still... which would put it at the $200 mark. So I think you offer a fair price. (I wish I could justify the purchase)
07-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
edl
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
This seems to be fairly priced...the K lenses are hard to find, ditto for KX's, ditto for black KX's in great condition.

I would snap this up in a second, but I already have my all blacks "KX - MX - ES II trio" completed. This is really, really tempting though...

08-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #5

Original Poster
Plenty of views, but does nobody want to buy?

I reduced the price to $200 for camera and lens combined. Please someone buy it - this is close to the price that KEH would buy it for and I'd hate to end up having to sell it to them instead of someone here on the forum.