Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 38 (100%)
[SOLD] POCKET WIZARD Classic Receivers and Transmitters

“Classic” Pocket Wizards

These little 16-channel gems are larger than their modern counterparts and do not support TTL (what does for Pentax anyway), but they DO work with modern Pocket Wizard transmitters and receivers AND they take AA batteries.

Here is a great way to either pick up a couple of cheap slaves or backup units for your current PW setup, OR get started with Pocket Wizard technology on the cheap.

In excellent condition (with the exception of one receiver), though each unit does have a strip of Velcro for attachment to lights, lightstands, etc.

Transmitters (2 available): Old school – I refer to them as “semi-wireless”. They attach to your camera’s PC sync via a cable (included). I have one hot shoe-to-PC sync adapter and it will go with the first transmitter sold. $15 each. 1 LEFT!

Receivers: 4 in great shape. Three have 10-foot PC-to-mini phone connectors and one has a 1-foot PC-to-mini phone connector. EACH will also have one 18” mini phone to mono phone plug (for the big lights) – not pictured. ALSO, each receiver also comes with a Wein hot shoe slave. That’s great for those of you whose flashes don’t have PC ports. The optical sensors have been taped over so that other light sources won’t trigger your flashes – just your Pocket Wizard. $60 each 2 LEFT!

A single 5th receiver has a corroded contact (pictured). I scraped the corrosion and it worked flawlessly (photo in action), but it is not permanently fixed. It comes with one 1-foot pc-to-mini phone cable and one of the above-mentioned Wein hot shoe slaves. $15 SOLD!

Terms: Paypal only (I pay the fees), standard or insured shipping available in the US at the buyers expense/risk. All international shipping will be insured. I do my best to keep PM's and such in order. If you go over 24 hours from your PM with interest without making a commitment (not necessarily a payment), I will move down the list of interested parties.

Cheers,

Adam

Transmitters

Receivers

Receiver Closeup

Closeup of the one receiver with a corroded contact

This is the "corroded receiver" triggering an SB 24 (for sale in another thread) with the PW transmitter attached to my K10d via the hot shot-to-PC adapter.

Last edited by geauxpez; 07-30-2009 at 05:53 PM.
07-29-2009, 03:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
pm sent on 1 transmitter and 2 receivers
07-29-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
All pm's replied to.
07-29-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
sent another pm

07-30-2009, 04:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sales Pending...
07-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
bump for these pocket wizards, they are still available - i was negotiating with the seller, and a completely different opportunity came up, and i canceled the purchase.
07-31-2009, 07:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sale pending on the remaining PW's.