Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #46
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Original Poster
Update

All PM's replied to. I've also heard from two people that they have received their lenses and they are happy "customers". (sent from Vancouver, Canada to the west coast and the east coast of the US and received at the same time....all within three days from shipping... not bad at all!!) I'm sure the others will receive theirs early next week!

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I will try to keep that original post updated as much as possible. Currently have a few people interested in the K20D and the 50-135. Other lenses are still up for grabs... including the 77.... lot's of interest BUT... nothing confirmed.

Cheers!

Joseph

08-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #47
Forum Member

Original Poster
FYI: Australia

Just in case you are writing from down under.... i really had hoped I could have sold some of my lenses to my antipodean friends down under but one thing I've learned is that not only is shipping a bit on the high side (well, I kinda knew that from what I read in the FAQ) BUT... there is an import tax of 10% of the total amount. (I didn't know that).... so it seems from saving about 15% from buying new locally, the savings turns out to be about 5% in some cases!

(Heck, if that tax wasn't there, I probably would have sold out by now!)

In case you may be interested. Take the heavier 50-135 lens. This is what I wrote to one individual I tried to do a quote on shipping:

Well, I've had a couple of interested offers, on other lenses, from Australia but each have declined due to not necessarily the shipping charge but the Import Tax (around 10%) you have to pay. Shipping isn't too bad to Australia - $75USD (including insurance and confirmation, about 4 days transit time, etc...) The next slowest option is by ship but there is no insurance (beyond the first $100 of value) and no confirmation or receipt either (oh, and it takes 4-6 weeks!!).

So... relatively speaking $75 isn't too bad considering it's about $40 to New York with the same service. But the 10% is the "gotcha" that people are surprised about (and I didn't know about until now).

As you can see, the 50-135 at the current price plus $75+$70 can add up. I have no idea what a new 50-135 would cost in Australia but if 5% is the difference, I totally understand why it's not such an attractive offer. But since, I'm using what the average used US$ price is, which is already significantly cheaper than the Canadian price, I can't really discount it too much more.

Anyhow. I offer this as a guide more than pushing the 50-135... actually, I have a couple of local offers on it currently but in case you may be interested in any of my other lenses, this is just something that needs to be considered.

At least that is what I've learned so far! I may be wrong and if so, let me know.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Joseph
08-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #48
Kei

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
pm'ed on the DA 12-24.
08-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Through several interactions (email) with Joseph, he explain every inquiry patiently and honestly. Very professional.

^_^

08-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #50
Forum Member

Original Poster
Only three lenses left! :)

And a price drop on the 18-250. I noticed a small speck of dust on the inside element (not the front/main element but the smaller element inside. I don't see any indication that it affects the quality of the image. My last images of it (from June of this year) shows nothing....and I have a couple of images with lots of sky so it could have been apparent in there. In any event... I knocked $40 off the price.

So... other than that... the DFA 100mm Macro (my newest lens and used only a couple of times) is still available (free UV filter included).

And, to my surprise, the 77mm is still available. I've had a few interested but at the end, have held off (for now).

Anyhow.

As always... if you have any questions... please don't hesitate to ask. I'm mailing out a couple of packages in the morning.

Take care and thanks again for all the interest and purchases!!! My wife didn't think I could sell my stuff so quickly... boy, did I show her!! (Better not say that too loud... )

Sincerely,

Joseph
08-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Thanks joseph, got my AF540 today (swedish custom totaly missed it too )
08-10-2009, 03:15 AM   #52

The customs duty is 10%....but only applies to items costing $1000 or more (and that includes the postage) Dave

08-10-2009, 05:06 AM   #53
Veteran Member

not here in sweden. Here it starts at 150$. (according to guides it would have been 100$ in tollfee)
08-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #54
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ohhhhh.... I didn't know that. Someone from down under told me the 10% is on everything inbound so I've been quoting shipping plus duty (as separate items). But this is good to know.

Thanks for sharing that!

Sincerely,

Joseph

QuoteOriginally posted by Daveinozbikes Quote
The customs duty is 10%....but only applies to items costing $1000 or more (and that includes the postage) Dave
08-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #55
Forum Member

Original Poster
Great!!

Thanks Melander for letting me know. I hope you enjoy using it. It's an awesome flash!

Hope you make it to Vancouver sometime!!

Sincerely,

Joseph

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
Thanks joseph, got my AF540 today (swedish custom totaly missed it too )
08-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #56
Forum Member

Original Poster
Bumping....

Just a reminder that I still have three lenses available.

Any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Joseph
08-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #57

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Package finally came today =)

Everything is like new, thanks again!

Alfred
08-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #58
Forum Member

Original Poster
That's great Alfred!

Thanks so much for letting me know. I hope you enjoy the lens! I really miss it (since I'm using a plain jane 18-200 at the moment, you can imagine I'm none to impressed....) I wonder if Nikon has a similar lens (16-50 ish in a 2.8). Sighhhh....

Anyhow, I'm glad you got it alright and thanks again for the kind comments in the feedback system! That was very nice of you!

Sincerely,

Joseph

QuoteOriginally posted by alfdog Quote
Package finally came today =)

Everything is like new, thanks again!

Alfred
08-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #59
nmd
Inactive Account

... and fees are more in the 25% range in Europe, for information (VAT + actual customs fees). And even higher when that's shipped with UPS or FedEx, as they charge an extra for their import handling "services".
08-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #60
Forum Member

Original Poster
Interesting.

Thanks for the information. That is good to know. At least something to be aware of... but I think someone above posted that it's only over a certain dollar amount. At least that makes some sense. But then, gov'ts have a way of milking us....

Thanks again!

Joseph

QuoteOriginally posted by nmd Quote
... and fees are more in the 25% range in Europe, for information (VAT + actual customs fees). And even higher when that's shipped with UPS or FedEx, as they charge an extra for their import handling "services".