Feedback Score: 101 (100%)
[SOLD] 200mm f/4.5 Lentar M42 Lens w/ Circular Aperture

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
200mm f/4.5 Lentar M42 Lens w/ Circular Aperture

Asking Price
$50

Item Description
This lens is a pretty rare and unique one that I just found while cleaning out old equipment. It's an M42 lens, 200mm telephoto prime, with a completely circular (well, very very circular) aperture. As you would expect, the bokeh on this lens is fantastic. It's some of the best I've ever seen on a lens at this focal length. It also has a rare second preset aperture ring, so that you can set a limit, like say f/4.5 to f/8, for the second ring to stop down between, and it just smoothly transitions between only those two apertures without clicks.

Another nice thing is that this lens is built in a very fit and stylish fashion that reminds me very much of the Takumar lenses. The focus ring is even scalloped and damped just like a Takumar lens. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar optical design inside. Combine that with the circular aperture not found on the Takumars, and you get a very nice lens.

I was so pleased with this little rough diamond that I found that I took a bunch of pictures with it one day, and I'll post them here:

I love how smooth the bokeh is. Just imagine what this lens can do in the hands of someone with an interesting subject!

The actual condition of the lens is very good, with just some very very small marks on the front, and a couple dust particles inside. Neither are nearly enough to effect image quality, as I hope you are able to tell from the sample pictures I posted. The lens comes by itself, no front or rear caps or other accessories. Here are pictures:

And see how nice it looks on a K20D:

Feel free to ask any questions either here or by PM, I usually respond quite quickly. Thanks!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Good

Item Location
CT, USA

Shipping Charge
$5 USA, $12 Canada, $16 Worldwide

Shipping Services
USPS

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Additional Details
I accept any form of payment. If you don't have any positive feedback as a buyer on this forum, there will be a $12 charge for registered mail to all international locations if paying by PayPal. All other payment types are exempt from this requirement.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by wallyb; 08-05-2009 at 07:59 PM.
08-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
PM Sent on the lens! Is it true m42 (correct registration/body distance), or T-mount (42mm thread but closer to body with focus beyond infinity)?
Edit: Seems to have the adapter already on - the aluminium/silver thing between the camera and black body of lens.
08-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
PM sent on the 200mm
08-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
Payment sent!

08-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member