Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
[SOLD] DA* 50-135mm/2.8 and other items

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
DA* 50-135/2.8 and other items

Asking Price
Multiple (see below)

Item Description
I've been away from the photo forums for most of the last year. Work is very busy for me and photography isn't quite the obsession that it once was. I'm cleaning out my closet to make room for my next obsession--kayaking. Some of you may not know me, but I was here when PentaxForums started and I've had several successful buy/sell transactions with other forum regulars.

Most of these items are new or in "like new" condition. I don't baby my equipment, but I don't abuse it either. Expect minor amounts of usage. Photos below.

Pentax SMC-P DA* 50-135/2.8 - SOLD

I bought this in June 2008 from B&H. I'm selling it because I just don't use it and it's too expensive to just leave on the shelf. I don't have an actual count, but I'd say less than 300 total photos taken with the lens. Box is intact, with purchase receipt. The black, padded canvas sleeve shows signs of normal wear--a few scuffs but no rips or tears. Comes with a 67mm HOYA HMC Super UV0 filter.

SLIK PRO 340DX Travel Tripod - $70

I bought this in April at Keeble & Shuchat in Palo Alto, CA. My Manfrotto died on me while I was on a work trip and I wanted a new tripod. Paid $120--going for $90 on B&H. I like the heft of this tripod--it's a keeper, but it's just a bit too long for my backpack. After my trip, I bought a replacement Manfrotto.

Pacsafe 85 Backpack protector - $55

I bought this for our trip to Europe this summer after reading several guidebooks talking about theft. I was a bit too paranoid, but I was carrying several thousand dollar in photo/computer gear around in our rental car. I suppose it's a cheap insurance policy. It was fine for what it is and I definitely see where it could come in handy in a lot of situations. I just don't think I will need it again in the foreseeable future.

Apple iPod Touch 8GB - $175

Bought from the Apple store on the Apple campus in Cupertino, CA. Receipt shows purchase date of 28 May 2009, so the warranty period is still valid. I bought this as a gift and it turns out the recipient already had one, so I bought her a kayak instead. I took the Touch with me to France and it was nice on the plane. But, I already have an iPod Classic that I prefer (and I don't need "An App for That"). The iPod has been inside a case (included) since Day 1 and when I carried it in my backpack, it was inside a velvet pouch. Only minor evidence that it's not brand new. The Apple earbuds were not used. The data cable was used by me, but it's in great shape also.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Oklahoma, USA

Shipping Charge
Actual charges

Shipping Services
UPS, USPS

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
Will combine shipping. Send PM or email (ericc at pobox dot com)

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo       

Last edited by ericc; 08-14-2009 at 07:02 AM.
08-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
PM sent for 50-135
08-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
DA* still available
08-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Pm sent for 50-135mm

08-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent. Will be next in the line for 50-135.

edit:
And for Slik too

Last edited by wiseghost; 08-13-2009 at 09:00 PM.
08-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
Eric, I am hurt that you didn't ask to trade the DA* 50-135 with my FA* 80-200/2.8....

I'm interested if all others fall through on the 50-135...
08-14-2009, 07:01 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Eric, I am hurt that you didn't ask to trade the DA* 50-135 with my FA* 80-200/2.8....

I'm interested if all others fall through on the 50-135...
Hi Marc,

Dang, I wish I had known. You know how I want that FA*--I would've definitely given you a shout. I've already received payment on the DA*. But, if something comes up, I'll let you know.

BTW, I destroyed my tandem yak. Sadly, not on the water...

-E
08-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ericc Quote
Hi Marc,

Dang, I wish I had known. You know how I want that FA*--I would've definitely given you a shout. I've already received payment on the DA*. But, if something comes up, I'll let you know.

BTW, I destroyed my tandem yak. Sadly, not on the water...

-E
OK, just so the PM's don't get out of hand on my FA* lens...

Eric and I go a ways back and at one point he knew I was considering selling the FA* 80-200/2.8, but he ended up buying the DA* 50-135 due to cost difference. My note was more in jest because of that history between us.

There is a definite price difference between the lens (roughly 2x or more for the FA* verison), so I would not do a direct trade of the FA* 80-200/2.8 for the DA* 50-135. You'd have to sweeten the pot a fair bit to cover that difference. I am not (at this point) considering it's sale, although that could change if certain things happen.

Cheers,
Marc

08-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
Is the head of the tripod removable/interchangable?
08-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kthung Quote
Is the head of the tripod removable/interchangable?
I've inspected it and the best I can say is "probably". It looks like there is a base plate that could be unscrewed and you could put a different head on there. But, I can't say for certain because I haven't tried to unscrew it and I'm not going to. I don't want to scratch the paint or run the risk of stripping the screws. It's in pristine shape the way it is and I don't want to change that for whomever buys it.

The 3-way tilt/pan head that is on the tripod has a removable base plate.

Thanks

-E