08-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
[SOLD] Feisol Carbon Tripod & Photo Clam Ball Head

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Feisol Carbon Tripod & Photo Clam Ball Head

Asking Price

Item Description
Listing is closed. Did not sell in time. May be able to move to eBay and have someone else ship it for me while I'm gone. If you have any interest, please check there.

Hi folks. Thanks to you who responded about my fiance, which is explained below. I actually increased the price a touch because I realized the ball head was the 40-N, which retails for $30 more than the one I thought I had. It's also a bit bigger, as you can see in the pics below. This is $604 worth of stuff for $435.

I will have the package ready to go tonight. If someone would like to buy it as late a 11 am central time in the morning, August 20th, I will still be able to get it out before I leave. Just include your PayPal ID in your email so I can invoice you right away. Incidentally, I forgot that I can ship the package via UPS ground in some circumstances (like Canada) for less than Priority Mail. I got a UPS quote of about $21 American for it.

Selling Feisol CT-3442 Tournament Class carbon graphite, four section tripod with Photo Clam PC-40N Panning Ball Head, a set of long spikes and two Photo Clam quick-release plates suitable for Pentax cameras. The tripod also comes with a quality Feisol carrying case.

The tripod legs reverse completely around the head so that the total length of 18.9 inches is maintained for easy transport in the provided case or a typical 22" carry-on bag. The tripod weighs only 2.31 pounds, yet can handle any current Pentax slr set up. I've found it quite sturdy, and it comes with a center hook for suspending a bag or weight. I don't have a movable center column for it. As it is, the extended length is perfect for a person of average height. The legs can be easily disassembled for cleaning if water immersion is part of your plan.

The Photo Clam ball head is of high quality, and is meant to be comparable to a Markin at a lower price. In fact, it comes from South Korea. Please check on it at the web site mentioned below. The ball control knob is microadjustable to provide the right pressure for minimal release, yet maximum control.

All have seen light use as I haven't had a chance to go trekking yet. Quite honestly, I need to sell them right away as I leave on Thursday, the 20th, for Australia because my fiance is having health problems. Extra cash is needed. These items will only be available through the 19th, and immediate payment will be necessary so that I can mail everything before I leave for a month.

The set was purchased earlier this year from Really Big Cameras (reallybigcameras.com), an authorized dealer for the tripods and ball heads. I've been very happy with these items, and they come highly recommended by those who use them. Kerry Thalmann at RBCs is incredibly helpful with anything he sells.

Everything above retails for a total of $604, with the tripod at $309, the ball head at $219, the spikes at $15 and the two plates at $60 (for two). I also have the original boxes and manuals.

If you're looking for a good system without a major expenditure, you really can't go wrong with this set up.
I'll be happy to answer any questions. Please excuse the dust in the pics.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Like new

Item Location
Wisconsin

Shipping Charge
will vary by location. actual cost only

Shipping Services
Priority Mail

Shipping Destinations
North America

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
n/a

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by warpedwoof; 08-20-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: price reduction
08-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #2

Original Poster
Tripod & Ball Head

Bump for price reduction.
08-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
What I want to know is why 'Photo Clam' isn't selling T-shirts with a cute logo.
08-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
Fisol tripod is very good. I just got mine last week.Good luck for selling.

08-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 74 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by song_hm Quote
Wish you were selling a couple of week ago when I ordered. Very happy with mine.

Good luck with selling. Hope your fiance get well soon.
I will echo the same sentiment. Just bought a series 1 gitzo tripod, and the next size down photo clam ballhead arrived today; dont know about the legs but the ballhead is a very well machined piece of equipment, everything is smooth, great easy to use friction preset knob and the plates are pretty nice themselves (love the strap loops). Good luck!

Last edited by wlank; 08-20-2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Price comment
08-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 57 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
...photo clam ballhead arrived today ... and the plates are pretty nice themselves (love the strap loops). Good luck!
Are the photoclam plates contoured to the front or back lip of the camera at all? Also do they block the battery door? Also is there a threaded hole in the bottom of the plate to screw in a monopod? Thanks!
08-20-2009, 06:08 AM   #7

Original Poster
Hi. They are generic, so they don't have the upturned edges to fit the back or front of a Pentax camera. On my K20D the plate edges are just inside the front and back edges of the camera base. They have rubber-like pads to grip the bottom of a camera.

They don't block the camera door at all. Unfortunately, they don't have a mount for a monopod stud.

regards....... Paul