Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
[SOLD] Tamron Adaptall SP 80-200mm F1:2.8 LD, PK/A Adapter, 140F 1.4x TC

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron Adaptall SP 80-200mm F1:2.8 LD, PK/A Adapter, 140F 1.4x TC

Asking Price
USD425

Item Description
I would like to sell the items listed in the title as a combined kit, or ideally trade it along with some cash for a Bigma (also have *istD, M 50mm F1.4, A 50mm F1.7, Super-Multi-Coated Macro Takumar F1:4 50mm and Pentax m42 adapter that could all be part of a trade). Included is:

Tamron Adaptall SP 80-200mm F2.8
- 82FH Metal Hood
- Optional Tripod Collar
- Front lens cap
- Rear Pentax Bayonet lens cap
- Protective Pleather Hard Case

Tamron Adaptall SP 140F 1.4x Tele Converter

Tamron Adaptall PK/A Adapter

The lens is a great low light performer at F2.8 constant from 80mm to 200mm. It is from the "professional" Adaptall line and made with low dispersion glass. For more details and resolution test see here:

Tamron SP Adaptall-2 80-200mm F/2.8 LD Model 30A

With the included 1.4x TC you have a 112-280mm F4 lens. See below for sample shots both with and without TC attached. An Adaptall 2x TC is also available but not included.

With the PK/A adapter the lens behaves exactly like an "A" series lens allowing you to use auto aperture (P, Av, TAv etc. modes) and have aperture information recorded in the EXIF data.

Condition:

The lens is in great optical condition. Glass is free of scratches and mold and only has a few larger dust particles that do not affect image quality.

Cosmetically there is a little brassing around the tabs on the front of the lens where the metal hood mounts, but that is unavoidable with metal rubbing against metal. There are a few other places around hard edges where there is a little brassing, but not particularly noticeable. On the barrel itself there is an area approx. 3/16"x3/16" where the paint has been rubbed off. This must have happened some time over the weekend at the track, but is a superficial scuff that must have come from something rubbing against the lens and is not deep gouges or anything like that. The optional tripod collar is in great condition and is easy to attach and remove.

Mechanically the lens is in great condition, with the only issue being some zoom creep between 80 and 135mm. I am sure there is a screw you can use to adjust that, but I just haven't gotten around to looking at that.

The TC is in great condition. No dust, no scratches and no mold. Mechanically the TC is very simple so nothing to comment on there. Cosmetically there is a little brassing around the tabs that are used to transfer the aperture setting, but it is not particularly noticeable.

The PK/A adapter has some brassing on the mounting plate facing the camera, but the electrical contacts are clean and in good shape. I did have some problems for a few days with the camera not reading the aperture value correctly, but everything is back to working correctly again. The PK/A adapters can be a little finicky especially when attached to a heavy lens like this.

Unfortunately I can't post any photos of the lens etc. tonight. We are having a big thunderstorm here and one of our dogs is afraid of the thunder and lightning so if I start using the flash she will freak out completely. Hopefully I'll be able to get some photos some time tomorrow.

I have plenty of shots taken with the lens. All the photos in the album in the link were taken with the lens and TC combo. You can use the slideshow function to view a larger resolution.

Cycle Jam 2009 - VIR August 6-9

On the off chance that someone wants to trade a Bigma for this combo I'll be happy to add the necessary cash to the deal.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Atlanta, GA, US

Shipping Charge
Actual costs

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail (International), UPS

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details

At the following link you can see some test shots I took of a power pole about 100m (~100yrds) away. I took shots without any TCs, with 1.4x TC, with 2x TC (not included) and the TCs stacked. All the photos were post processed to add sharpening, fix any CA and PF, contrast etc. All shots at max zoom.

Tamron SP 80-200mm F2.8 LD 1.4x and 2x TC Test - a set on Flickr

No TC @ F11:

1.4x TC @ F11:

Sharp even wide open at F2.8:

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by emilf; 08-20-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Added more info