Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax DA 14mm f2.8-Excellent ++ Condition

This item is SOLD

Up for sale is a Pentax DA 14mm f2.8. I bought it about eight months ago. I am conservatively rating its condition in Excellent ++ to Like New - condition (using the KEH rating system). It functions flawlessly on my K10D (no focus issues at all). Glass is perfect, cosmetics are excellent with no scratches, dents, dings or paint loss. There are some very slight handling marks on the hood and on the barrel. Includes lens, original front and rear caps, and original dedicated lens hood. I do not have the original box nor the the original case. Photos of the actual lens for sale are below.

I decided that I prefer to use a zoom lens for this focal length and recently acquired a DA 12-24mm, so the DA 14 is up for sale. It was a tough decision because the DA 14 shows less CA than the 12-24 and produces beautiful images. But I am opting for the convenience of the zoom so the DA 14 has to go to help pay for the zoom.

You can read the Popular Photography review of this lens here:

Lens Test: Pentax SMCP-DA 14mm f/2.8 AF - - PopPhotoMarch 2006

I am pricing this item at $390, which is $135 below the new price at B&H including the Pentax U.S.A. rebate. I believe that this is a fair price for the lens given the excellent condition. I will ship to anywhere in the U.S. lower 48 states for $10 via U.S.P.S. insured Priority Mail (note that shipping rates just went up). I will also ship to foreign countries (outside the U.S.) and you will need to pay for the actual shipping cost (insured) plus $10 for handling to cover my time standing in line at the post office and filling out 5 copies of the customs forms.

Payment by PayPal (preferred) or by cashier's check/money order. If the item does not exactly match the description then I will refund your money, but otherwise all sales are final. I have 100% positive feedback here and on eBay (user: garyml1) so buy with confidence. Please send me a Private Message if you are interested.

Last edited by GaryML; 05-19-2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Added link to review
05-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Some photos or the actual lens for sale:

(links deleted)

Last edited by GaryML; 05-20-2007 at 07:33 AM.
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Well, i am a bit of a lurker here in this forum, but I am quite interested in your lens...
I am living in Paris (France), and I can pay by verified Paypal. I also have an Ebay account with the same nickname than here (ldelbuono), with 14 positive feedbacks.

I was also hesitating on the 14mm vs the 12-24mm, but I will follow your lead and try first the 14mm and see what happens...

So, if you are happy with this I would be happy to send the money !

Luigi
05-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ldelbuono Quote
Well, i am a bit of a lurker here in this forum, but I am quite interested in your lens...
I am living in Paris (France), and I can pay by verified Paypal. I also have an Ebay account with the same nickname than here (ldelbuono), with 14 positive feedbacks.

I was also hesitating on the 14mm vs the 12-24mm, but I will follow your lead and try first the 14mm and see what happens...

So, if you are happy with this I would be happy to send the money !

Luigi
Reply sent by e-mail.