Feedback Score: 53 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax ME Film Body - $15 O.B.O.

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax ME Film Body - $15 O.B.O.

Asking Price
$15 O.B.O.

Item Description
My wife picked this up for me three or four months ago at a yardsale and I held onto it for a while, thinking I would run some film through it, but it seems I'm a 21st century digital boy through and through, and can't seem to get into film... Everything seems to be in working order (metering seems to be logical, timer works, lens stops down, shutter works, etc.), but the camera is showing some wear. Specifically, there's a small dent on the top of the prism housing (veiwfinder looks fine though - awesome in fact!), and a few other minor scratches and dings. Also the cover plate for the winder is missing (maybe Eric has replacements?). I don't know if the light seals are any good, so you best suspect them too...

According to the Marketplace's condition key, I'd have to rate this camera as "Poor: Item has seen great use and may have scratches, dents, and signs of use that are clearly visible. 70% of original condition.", but it's a sweet little camera which seems to be working fine despite it's rough treatment.

Edit: For those who don't know the ME (I didn't until I got this one), it is a strange SLR in that there is no Manual mode - you can't directly affect shutter speed. It operates in a kind of constant Av mode, where you choose the ISO of the film, and set the aperture, and the camera sets shutter speed for you. There seems to be an EV compensation dial around the rewind knob which allow for compensation for light or dark scenes just as the +/- EV button does on modern cameras. There's a setting labeled 100x which I believe to be a flash sync mode, and it does have bulb mode for long exposures.

I'm also selling the PENTAX-M 50mm 1:1.7 that came with this camera.

Here are some photos... Click on one of 'em to go to a web gallery to see more shots and larger versions. Note the dent on the prism is quite small (I can provide better pics if anyone needs a specific angle).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Poor

Item Location
Central California

Shipping Charge
Actual cost (likely around $8 priority mail inside US).

Shipping Services
as necessary

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy/Additional Details
I'm selling this camera as is, so no returns unless you find it to significantly not match my description (unlikely ).

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by heliphoto; 09-18-2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Added link to lens for sale. Added info about the ME.
09-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
PM sent...
09-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
PM replied...
09-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Please be advised, pm sent

09-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Replied to your PM hans4...

General info update here: The meter which seemed to be working fine yesterday and in the past when I played with it is not activating today - or it will activate for a short time and then stop - to me this seems like a classic dead battery, but I've never used an ME before, and if you have your guess may indeed be better than mine. So add that to the above listing - I think it works and the battery's dying, but I suppose there's a slim chance that something in the electronics has failed right when I decided to try to sell it .

Last edited by heliphoto; 09-19-2009 at 07:33 AM.
09-19-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Camera sold pending payment...