Feedback Score: 53 (100%)
[SOLD] smc PENTAX-M 50mm 1:1.7

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
smc PENTAX-M 50mm 1:1.7

Asking Price
$40

Item Description
This is a great copy of this famous lens which my wife picked up for me a few months ago at a yard sale (attached to an ME which is also for sale). Since I have the F version of this lens, I haven't been using this M copy...

Optically, the glass is flawless as far as I can tell - not a scratch or cleaning mark in sight. The front element came protected with a Hoya skylight filter (included), which has likely been on the lens it's whole life - looks that way. There is the usual amount of internal dust common to a lens of this vintage, but it really shouldn't affect optical performance.

The exterior of the lens shows a bit of brassing here and there - mostly on the aperture ring. I'd say according to the forum's condition key, this lens fits well as "Good: Item has seen substantial use, but shows no significant scratches or dents. Marks and signs of use may be visible as a result from wear-and-tear. 90% of original condition."

Functionally, the lens seems perfect, focus is smooth, aperture blades are clean, dry and snappy. The aperture ring moves normally and snaps into each stop. There are no signs of fungus, internal oil, element separation, etc...

The lens came to me with no caps - I can scrounge up a generic rear cap (or for $15 additional, you can cap the rear with a Pentax ME film body ), and the hoya skylight filter will work as a front cap for now...
Here are some photos of the lens - click one to go the the web gallery to see larger versions...

this is the angle which shows the worst marks on the aperture ring - they actually look worse in this photo than they do in real life since the contrast was set too high in jpeg mode when I snapped these photos.

I'll shoot some samples tomorrow when I get a chance and post 'em up...

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Good

Item Location
Central California

Shipping Charge
Actual cost (likely around $6 priority mail inside US).

Shipping Services
as necessary

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy/Additional Details
If on receipt of the lens, you find it is not in the condition described, I'll refund you the purchase price, but you will need to pay shipping both ways.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

09-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Photos from this lens.

I shot these this morning on my K20D. Shots were all RAW converted in Lr with minimal post processing - mostly slight exposure corrections where necessary. The first shot also had some sharpening done , the rest are the lightroom default of sharpening (which isn't very sharpened actually)...

You can see these and some of the other photos I took this morning, up to full size in the web gallery...

f/1.7

f/1.7

f/1.7

f/5.6

Infinity focus stop appears dead-on... f/8
09-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Igilligan

Feedback Score: (%)
Somebody snatch this lens...

40 bucks.... If I did not have 12 50's I would buy it...
09-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
If I didn't already have two of these..

09-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
So many toys, so little money. I've already spent my monthly allotment for toys and I really need to get a new slide scanner. its still very tempting though. I have the F2 version and would really like the lower Fstop for the decreased DOF. If you still have it next week (which I highly doubt you will) I may bite
09-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
Igilligan

Feedback Score: (%)
The F1.7 is actually sharper at F1.7 than the my F2 is at f 2.8... your mileage may vary.

It is a fine lens... and cheap
09-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
I will buy it, with the ME. am sending a PM
09-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Replied to your PM paugie... you're second in line for the ME, first for the lens - let me know...

09-19-2009, 07:32 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lens is sold pending payment...