Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 101 (100%)
[SOLD] Komura 135mm f/2.8 M42 lens, bargain price!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Komura 135mm f/2.8 M42 lens, bargain price!

Asking Price
USD $20

Item Description
Not everything I put up for sale here can be mint condition, can it? That's certainly not the case with this lens. But it performs great, so I know it will find a loving home with a tasteful collector!

It seems to be a considerably high-quality 135mm f/2.8 lens, better than other copies I've seen by unheard-of (to me, at least) brands. I don't have sample images at the moment but if I have a chance and it's not sold yet, I'll throw some up.

The condition of this lens is as you see. It's got a LOT of body wear, dings and dents on the filter ring, scratches, a couple tiny marks on the glass, and other miscellaneous wear. But, as stated before, it performs nicely still. The aperture is responsive, I don't see any oil, and the focus is pretty smooth and "heavy", reminiscent of a Takumar. And again, it's quite sharp even at f/2.8. A great way to start out your M42 collection, or simply add to it. At $20, why the heck not?

Thanks!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Poor

Item Location
United States

Shipping Charge
Free USA, $9 Canada, $12 Worldwide

Shipping Services
USPS only

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy/Additional Details
PayPal only for this item, in hopes to sell quickly.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

09-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Actually, this lens is in Mint condition. It was part of an experimental model line release of vintage, pre-worn models akin to the vintage pre-worn guitar & clothing lines that sell for premium prices. Unfortunately for Komura, this conception never caught on with the photographic community as it has in other fields.
09-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
Actually, this lens is in Mint condition. It was part of an experimental model line release of vintage, pre-worn models akin to the vintage pre-worn guitar & clothing lines that sell for premium prices. Unfortunately for Komura, this conception never caught on with the photographic community as it has in other fields.
That's great xD Imagine all the heart attacks if Pentax introduced that concept with their Ltds!
09-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sold! Thanks to everyone else who was interested