Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2009, 05:35 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
[SOLD] AsahiFlex 50mm/3.5 (First ever Asahi lens)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Asahi-Kogaku 50/3.5 (First ever Asahi lens)

Asking Price
$270 (firm)

Item Description
This is one of the versions of the first ever asahiflex lens put on the first ever Japanese SLR. So, a collector's item with history. It comes with the custom made M37 to K adapter to be used with modern SLR's. This adapter is very difficult to find.

Wiki Page on the history
Asahiflex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The pictures that made be purchase it
Manual Focus Lenses :: View topic - Asahi's oldest SLR lens on the newest camera
(My lens doesn't look like this)

The vendor I bought it from
Asahi-Kogaku 50/3.5 Takumar #58547........ Minty - eBay (item 370236945273 end time Oct-26-09 19:56:38 PDT)
(My lens looks exactly like this)

He sent me the better of the two he had.

It comes with NO lens caps or end caps or pouch. Only the lens (I paid ~$250) and the adapter (~45). Willing to sell both for $270 including paypal fee and shipping to CONUS.

Reason for selling: Manual focus problems. I bought the focsuingscreen.com screen but ended up scrathing that and the stock screen, didn't like the MF screen and scratched it with the original and now I have a scratched up viewfinder and scratched MF screen. I will include this scratched up screen with the purchase. (Paid about ~60-70 for this)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Dayton

Shipping Charge
incuded for conus

Shipping Services
USPS

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy/Additional Details
No Returns. check my feedback.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by pcarfan; 10-01-2009 at 06:56 AM.
10-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Manual focusing can be a real pain, even with a Cat Eye split prism focusing screen. Mine was pristine, now it's scratched up and dirty (but still works). I'm moving more towards AF lenses now myself, so I can't justify purchasing this (though it's really, really tempting). I'm sure it will find a great home, though!
10-01-2009, 07:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Novenus Quote
Manual focusing can be a real pain, even with a Cat Eye split prism focusing screen. Mine was pristine, now it's scratched up and dirty (but still works). I'm moving more towards AF lenses now myself, so I can't justify purchasing this (though it's really, really tempting). I'm sure it will find a great home, though!
I am certifaibly LBA cray. This is not my first MF lens that I bought and am selling. I did that with the Rokinon 85/1.4. Had it for 2 days before putting up for sale. I've done the same with my lovely volna50/2.8 but withdrew it. I don't use it much, so may have to let her go as well. I almost bought the $$$$ Zeiss 100mm/f2 macro, and even got the ok from the better half, but couldn't pull the trigger due to the insane price...glad I didn't. I don't want to buy another frickin MF lens, but these guys keep posting these beautiful images and my LBA acts up, and I am just passenger after that......
10-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
I don't want to buy another frickin MF lens, but these guys keep posting these beautiful images and my LBA acts up, and I am just passenger after that......
Don't blame me

10-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Don't blame me
The bulls eye is squarely on you

It is a beautiful piece of jewelery and I have no problem keeping it and admiring it, thus the 'firm' on my price. But, if someone wants to use it, they have to pay to play...
10-03-2009, 05:03 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
How made the adapter and can it focus at infinity?
10-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #7
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 (79%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
How made the adapter and can it focus at infinity?
no, infinity focus is lost. but this was apparently also the case with the original adapter. and the new adapter is made to the specs of the original. because it screws into the m42 mount, if its screwed all the way in you wont be able to get it back out. of course this wouldn't be a bad thing if you have a dedicated m42 to kmount adapter, but not so good on an m42 body.

Manual Focus Lenses :: View topic - m37 > m42 adapter
10-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Seamuis,

I am aware that the original m37 Asahi adapter had the flange causing it to loose infinity. I was hoping that new custom ones were machined without the flange.
Furthermore that link is a freaking nightmare. An Asahiflex lens mounted on a C***n body.

10-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #9
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 (79%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Seamuis,

I am aware that the original m37 Asahi adapter had the flange causing it to loose infinity. I was hoping that new custom ones were machined without the flange.
Furthermore that link is a freaking nightmare. An Asahiflex lens mounted on a C***n body.
ah, I see. nope, it was made to the original. you could ask Alex (HK300) to machine an adapter without the flange. dont know what hed charge, but I cant suspect it would be too bad. my thoughts were to create an m37 adapter like the m42. essentially the same as the Pentax m42 to K adapter only with an m37 inner, instead of m42. this would make using m37's as easy as m42's. if I had the knowledge, skill, and supplies, id do it myself...
10-05-2009, 04:59 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Alex is currently making that adapter without the flange like the one I have which is the first one he made without the flange. He said it may or may not go up to infinity, but to me it looks like it is fine.
10-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Novenus Quote
........I'm sure it will find a great home, though!
It sure did, I am so glad I sold it to this particualr buyer, it will have a good home among several other fine glasses (I may have given it away with this comment )