Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 63 (100%)
[SOLD] Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20mm/4 and Tessar 50/2.8 Zebra style lenses

Here are two oldies but goodies. [edit: forgot to mention, they're M42 mount, so they would require an adapter to work on a k-mount camera body]

The Flektogon 20mm f/4 is known for its almost complete lack of distortion. The newer 20/2.8 fetches a higher price, but has distortion, so if you're looking for a well-controlled 20, this is the one! Remarkably sharp close up too, especially when stopped down to f/5.6.

It's also a badass looking lens! Not as heavy as it looks though. Focus is very smooth (all 270 degrees around) and aperture works very well. It's got a rubber bumper on it so that the aperture closes with the ring, instead of having to hit the stop-down button. One thing to note is that it focuses past infinity, which is annoying, but better (in the case of a 20mm) than not getting there!

The Tessar 50mm f/2.8 is a great little lens too, I've had a couple of these--keep finding them, keep buying them. Small, sharp, and focuses to 30cm, which is close for a 50 (most focus only to 45cm). Focus is very smooth here as well, aperture ring works well (moves almost too easily though, but clicks at stops and doesn't feel loose), and stopping down is via the button on the side. This works well too. Never had a problem with the blades, but it looks like there's a little wear on them. Doesn't seem sticky or anything and doesn't pose a problem for use, but thought I'd take a pic and let you judge for yourself!

Asking $220 shipped within NA for the pair via Paypal, or we can work out a local cash deal. The 20 usually goes for upwards of that by itself. If international, PM me for shipping costs, but it might be costly and slow!

Pics:
Flektogon:

Tessar:

Thanks for looking !

Last edited by farfisa; 10-09-2009 at 11:53 AM.
10-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A recent pic with the Tessar wide open at closest focusing distance. Kinda cool, eh?

I'll try and find some good 20 pics too--been a while though, and lightroom doesn't let me sort by focal length :P

10-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
PM sent! That flek is so hot...
10-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChainbreakR Quote
PM sent! That flek is so hot...
It is indeed! PM replied--I'll update the listing to specify M42 mount!