Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
[SOLD] Sigma 10-20mm - Mint!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 10-20mm - Mint!

Asking Price
SOLD!

Item Description
Minty condition Sigma 10-20mm. Very sharp copy. I just sold my only Pentax camera body so I have no need for this. It was easily my favorite lens.

Comes with original box, paperwork, front and rear caps, hood, and Sigma EX zip-up case (these things are so cool).

Selling to help fund a new camera body.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions. You can also check my eBay feedback with the same name; buy with confidence.

Shipping Charge
$15

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Shipping Destinations
United States

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by opianstate; 10-15-2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added pictures!
10-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
This lens would complete my kit! But I am a poor man after spending 1K on my current DSLR/2 lens setup :-(
Good luck with the sale!
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
You should probably specify whether it's the f4-5.6 version, or the f3.5 version. Based on the price, I'd imagine the former. It's a great lens, and I'd buy it if I didn't already have one.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.
10-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
express interest. send pm. thank you.

10-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #5

Original Poster
breischl, thanks for the heads up. This is the f4-5.6 version.

All PM's returned.
10-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #6

Original Poster
Here are some pictures. Receipt from Amazon dated April 2008. This lens carries a 4-year warranty and none of the paperwork is filled out so it's yours to claim. It even has the center-pinch cap instead of the stupid side-pinch cap most sigmas have.

10-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #7

Just an FYI for PentaxForums users: the warranty from Sigma is non-transferable. I have seen a lot of people ask about unfilled warranty cards but they are only valid for the original owner. Here's a link to their official warranty information.

www.sigmaphoto.com/news/Sigma_Warranty.pdf

10-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

sending pm for sale and total cost confirmation.
10-13-2009, 05:54 AM   #9
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Just a little note about the warranty card thing. There is no reason you should ever submit a warranty card to begin with...there's no positives and a handful of negatives (such as a future owner of the product not being able to claim it was a gift). These days they're nothing but a way of collecting marketing information. Feel free to submit them under fake monikers and wait to see what kind of interesting junk mail this made up person receives.
10-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ProppaT Quote
Just a little note about the warranty card thing. There is no reason you should ever submit a warranty card to begin with...there's no positives and a handful of negatives (such as a future owner of the product not being able to claim it was a gift). These days they're nothing but a way of collecting marketing information. Feel free to submit them under fake monikers and wait to see what kind of interesting junk mail this made up person receives.
From my past experience with new and used stuff...
You ONLY SEND IN the card with a service that is needed within the warranty, and you also send WITH IT, a COPY of the original sales slip. That has the date/price/dealership (must be an authorized dealer) of the purchase. IF NO ONE-LINE Registration was done...the none the wiser IMO. It would be as a gift, that the person forgot to register on-line when they received it...NO mater...Because the Original sales slip will show the purchase date for warranty purposes anyway.

SO ALWAYS GET THE ORIGINAL SALES SLIP ON A USED ITEM. Ands ask if the seller registered the product on-line and or any other mail-in registration...IF the the answer is "NO" you've got a "NEW" lens...but it may still be out of warranty...Check the sales slip date, to be sure.
10-13-2009, 07:49 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rich_A Quote
Just an FYI for PentaxForums users: the warranty from Sigma is non-transferable. I have seen a lot of people ask about unfilled warranty cards but they are only valid for the original owner. Here's a link to their official warranty information.

This is a newer policy...my used Sigma I bought here was bought in FEB/2008 in NY/USA,,,and the warranty was stated as such:

"This guarantee is not transferable. The guarantee only applies to those SIGMA products for which this guarantee card has been issued..."

In other words...IT COVERS THE PRODUCT That was bought with no written restriction on ownership.
I did read the rest of the warranty, and no mention about who owns it during the warranty period...
ALSO...This is from the standard 1 year given by Sigma that I quoted from. (not the Extended), so..
The extended warranty may be the only part that is "Owner" specific. (That is: Years 2-4 only)
10-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by arbib Quote
"This guarantee is not transferable. The guarantee only applies to those SIGMA products for which this guarantee card has been issued..."
Non-transferable means it can't be used by someone else. Your name and address will be on almost any sales receipt for the product so unless you can dupe them into accepting it, you're still out of luck.
10-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
I don't know about the US but my name is never in any of my sales receipts unless I got it deivered to my door. They can effectively check my credit card but I don't think they'll go that far.
10-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 105 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Rich_A Quote

This is true, but I've gotten a lens serviced before that was bought by another owner (my 70-200/2.8). In general, Sigma seems very willing to work with you on repairs.
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #15

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's insight. All I know is all the paperwork is there and the lens is mint

The lens is still available. First $415 in my PayPal account and I'll ship it priority mail SAME DAY, and you can have it before the weekend!

Remember if you pay via Credit Card with PayPal, you're liable for the fees. Otherwise e-check or bank transfer work fine.