Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
[SOLD] Ricoh XR-7 film body

Price $15, only, plus $6.95 shipping the the US.

This is a sweet old Ricoh K-mount manual-focus film camera. It's like a cross between an MX and an ME Super, in all black. Everything worked when I had it checked out at my local camera shop a year or two ago, although they thought it could use new light seals. I didn't do it for whatever reason, and haven't really noticed any light-leak issues through several rolls of film. Like an MX it has a DOF preview lever and the aperture visible through the viewfinder; like an ME Super it has an Av mode as well as manual. It has a self timer, and a "multiple exposure" button that I haven't seen on any old Pentax SLRs (except the MZ-s, if you can call that old). The black leatherette (?) had a really nice spongy feel in the hand. Any K mount lens with an aperture ring will work on this body, and any M42 lens with the m42--> K adapter. This would make a great camera for someone wanting to get into old school manual focus film or slide photography, or taking a class. I have too many film bodies now, though, and am trying to reduce clutter, so if you want it it is yours for a little more than a song. :-)

I am happy to refund your purchase price if you find it in any way other than as described. I will ship internationally but shipping will be higher, and returns may thus be impractical. I am still trying to get the lens pictured to work right on a film body, so it is not included in the sale. Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have any questions!

Nick

Sample shots (no idea what lens used):

10-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
I'm resisting on this one because I know that buying multiple film bodies is a sickness However, I do have a Ricoh KR-10 and can attest to the build quality and feel of this era of Ricoh bodies.

Whoever gets this is sure to enjoy it!
10-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
15$ shouldnt hurt right...

PM Sent
10-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
Sold to me!

10-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
Pentaxian