Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 53 (100%)
[SOLD] K-7, DA*300mm, DA 35mm ltd., Tamron 70-200/2.8, 10-17mm, 12-24mm, more...

I'm parting ways with Pentax for now - who knows if the greener grass will brown as I spend time over there leading to a return, but that discussion's for a different thread (I'll just say I'm getting a 5d mk II in a quest for better performance at high ISO). So here's the offerings... Please take a look at my feedback and understand that I always point out any deficiencies I note on an item - even when others might try to gloss them over - this stuff's in great shape, and where there's a mark I've found, I'll let you know - the Glass is pristine on all the lenses aside from some internal dust. All lenses work perfectly, aperture blades are clean, dry, and snappy, focusing and zooming is smooth, etc...

What's left...

D-BC90 K-7 Battery Charger (spare). I misplaced my charger, and thinking it was lost in a hotel somewhere, I had to buy a new one - then I found the original... $40 shipped in the US.

Focusing Screen for K20D / K10D - focusingscreen.com FSB (Focusing Screen) with no grid lines... $40 shipped in the US.

Shipping: Shipping will be charged at the actual cost by whatever means the buyer wants, but needs to include insurance and signature confirmation. For most of these items Shipping in the US should be $15 or less.

Payment:
Paypal or check / money order.

Return Policy: These items are in great shape, working perfectly, described well... If you find a problem or something not meeting the description within the first week after the item arrives, let me know, and you can return it for a refund. You will be responsible for the shipping both ways.

Attention International buyers: I'm quite willing to sell any of these items out of the US, but for my protection and yours (to avoid potential paypal claims against me, and ensure that you get your item or it's value back), I will require the item be insured for it's full amount - This means that I will either need to ship via UPS, FedEx, or USPS Priority Mail each of which is pretty damn expensive - likewise, this means I need to declare the true value of the item, so Customs or VAT or similar taxes will likely be charged at the full amount. I know this sucks, but I'm afraid that's the reality - right now, a seller has offered to refund me my money for a lens which hasn't arrived from Canada, and I'm going to take him up on it, since I have lost the money and not gained the lens... this sucks for that seller, since he didn't insure it for the full amount - he'll be out money ! I would estimate in most cases this will add between $50 and $100 US to the shipping price and that doesn't include any taxes or duties etc... I wish I could ship insured to you overseas folks for the same prices as to US residents, but it's not possible...

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Sold items moved down here:

K-7 Body - Sold- Minor scratch on the top right of the rear LCD and other faint marks on LCD (see this pic), but you can't see them when the LCD is in use, only when it's black. About 7,100 Shutter actuations. Original box, paperwork, accessories, cables, battery, strap etc. included... $900 shipped - Sold
(Battery Grip sold separately (and already sold)).

OME-53 viewfinder magnifier - Sold - $35 shipped in US Sold.

Samsung D-Xenon 12-24mm f/4 - SOLD - This is the Samsung badged version of the Pentax DA 12-24mm f/4 lens - I would say that the multicoating is the regular SMC stuff, because this lens handles flare very well, like most Pentax lenses. This is in great shape, with smudges and a few minor marks on the hood being the main flaw I could point out (I could clean it, but then I'd have to handle it only with gloves on ). The badges and hood bayonet match the Pentax, so I'd say they are built in the same factory by the same people. This lens came to me relatively recently, but I've found it quite sharp, and great for landscapes and video on the K-7. This lens comes with the original caps and hood - bizarrely this lens has been send around to a few owners in a beat up Pentax DA 12-24mm box, and I can ship it to you in that if you want , but other than that it doesn't come with a case or a box... Price Reduced: $575 - Sold.

DA 35mm f/2.8 Limited Macro - SOLD - Excellent Condition, glass is flawless - front element has been protected with a filter since day one (I'm the original owner). Extremely minor brassing (dust spec size - see pic) on one point of the knurled focus ring - this would be easy to miss while inspecting the lens. Original caps, case, box, paperwork included... $450 - SOLD

DA* 300mm f/4 - Sold
- Needs no introduction - a fantastically sharp telephoto. Amazing sharpness even wide open. SDM is working perfectly (I just shot this lens last week, focus was very fast on the K-7). Some minor paint wear on the metal bayonet hood mount (to be expected). Original caps, case, box, paperwork included... $965 - Sold
(tripod lens plate not included - EDIT for clarification: the tripod collar and foot are included, just not the aftermarket plate)

DA 10-17mm Fisheye - Sold
- The lens body shows little signs of use, but nothing significant, the cap has a scratch (it was there when I got it), glass is flawless... some internal dust visable. Original caps, case, box, paperwork included... Price reduced: $375 - Sold

D-BG4 (K-7 Battery Grip) - SOLD - Unmarked. Original case, papers, caps, battery trays... $200 - SOLD

D-Li90 K-7 Battery (spare)
. Probably cycled to half charge and back about twice now... $40 - sold

SOLD: Tamron SP AF Di LD 70-200mm f/2.8 - My favorite lens (and second sharpest after the 90mm macro). A truly stellar performer, this has been my favorite lens for most pursuits, from chasing my son around to shooting sunsets, lightning, landscapes, etc... This lens was repaired under warranty for the sticking aperture problem that some of these lenses develop and has worked flawlessly since. This lens has minor finish wear to the area adjacent to the tripod collar - you can't even see it with the collar in place, this photo illustrates the wear. The glass is pristine, and the front element's had a filter protecting it since it was brand new. There is some dust inside the lens, but it doesn't affect the image quality (and hey, Jay had lake water and like swamp plants in his and it still took awesome photos!). Original caps, case, box, paperwork included...$600 - SOLD
(tripod lens plate not included)

Tamron SP AF Di 90mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro - SOLD - Fantastic lens for both Macros and portraiture - in near mint condition. I'll be getting one of these for my Canon for sure. I can't identify any marks or flaws on this lens. Original caps, case, box, paperwork included... $370- Sold

SOLD: Kenko 1.5x Pz-AF TelePlus - has on minor rub line on the paint (see pic). glass is flawless. Works with SDM, but I've always found it to hunt and sometimes take several tries before achieving focus lock (I could not use it for BIF etc, unless manually focusing). Focuses quickly with screwdrive lenses. I've found this lens a very good match with the Tamron 70-200/2.8, making an approx. 100-300 f/4. I also used this with a Bigma and it focused surprisingly well and made some surprisingly good images (got this one in PPG). Original caps, case, box, paperwork included... $110 SOLD.

Last edited by heliphoto; 11-10-2009 at 01:16 PM.
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Keep your lenses and buy a pentax K-X
11-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 140 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
Keep your lenses and buy a pentax K-X
I fully agree.........
11-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
True, I own both pentax and canon (including 5d mark ii) systems. No doubt 5d mark ii owns the most advantage in ISO and AF speed over any Pentax bodies to date. But from my own experience, I just shoot with Pentax more often.

11-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
I'm not happy also with the performance of k-7 but still..... get a k-x or wait a bit more from a firmware solution for the noise ....
11-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
MP sent for the Kenko TC
11-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
pm sent,

i think i love you !!!

you have the exact lense collection im looking for!!

i would love to see some pictures you have taken with these lenses!

Cheers,

NuZo

11-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
pm sent for OME-53.
11-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 105 (100%)
Damn, a shame to see you go, Heli.

Hope you still visit here to post some shots from your Canon.
11-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
PM sent re. 70-200.
11-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
PM sent on Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8
11-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
PM sent re 12-24
11-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
PM Sent on Battery Grip and Battery.

Thanks
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 53 (100%)
Original Poster
All sale PM's replied to so far (I think - let me know if I missed you)...

For those who are urging me to stay with Pentax, I appreciate it, but you're not going to sway me. Let me go ... If I don't like what I find with Canon, maybe I'll come back, or maybe I'll go to Nikon, Sony, Oly., Sigma, Medium Format, Kodak Instamatic, RED, whatever... It's a big world out there... (and BTW, I'm keeping my K20D and DA* 16-50 for now, so you can relax a bit yeah?)

I'm not buying a K-X
11-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 61 (100%)
Heli, please stop back in here often!

(And yes, that tamron 70-200 2.8 is a mind-blowing lens...)