PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K10D with DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL

Asking Price
$380 shipped to US (lower 48)

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Item Description
For sale is a K10D in great condition and a super clean kit lens. The body has just over 5600 actuations on the shutter. It's in excellent condition, and everything works flawlessly.

I purchased the K10D from another PF member, and it's still in great shape. I am the original owner of the DA 18-55, which was purchased in 2007.

The body comes with:
  • DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL lens (Version 1 kit lens)
  • Three batteries (one orignial, two aftermarket)
  • Battery Charger (charger cord is included but not pictured)
  • Pentax neck strap
  • USB Cable
  • Instruction manual
  • Viewfinder cover
  • Hot shoe cover
  • Body cap (aftermarket)

The camera does not include the original box or software CD. If the buyer would like a copy of the Pentax Photo Laboratory 3 CD that came with it, I can provide one, but I don't have the original.

The only thing on the body itself that keeps it from being in "like new" condition is the eyecup. I tore the eyecup halfway around its perimeter one day when it caught on the edge of my camera bag. It's an internal tear and it's not visible from the outside. It's been glued back with a butyl rubber cement, and it's holding up just fine. The nature of the repair is such that you might never know it was done if I didn't volunteer it. But since it's now a bit more delicate than it was before being repaired, it's definitely something the buyer should know. A genuine Pentax FP eyecup runs about $25, and you can get Chinese knockoffs for $10 shipped from eBay.

Also, the three batteries display a range of capacities that go from "acceptable" in the case of the two aftermarket batteries to "dismal" in the case of the original Pentax. But with a camera that's a few years old, that's not unexpected. Based on my positive experience with the two aftermarket batteries, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another (new) cheap one if I were going to keep this camera any longer. Honestly, since I don't know the true age of any of the batteries I have, I would recommend that the buyer consider a new battery as a near-term necessity. Li-ion batteries don't last forever, unfortunately.

Everything about the camera functions as it's supposed to. The controls work properly, the top and rear LCD displays are fine. There's nothing I can think to mention that wasn't stated above.

The lens is in great condition. Optically, externally, mechanically, everything is 100%. Zoom ring is smooth, glass is scratch- and fungus-free. The lens comes with the original front and rear caps, the petal hood, and the box (the inside packaging is long gone, and the box has a slightly crushed corner...but hey, this thing isn't exactly a collectible.)

For this combo, I'm asking $380 shipped in the continental US. I'm not trying to split the "kit" up, at least to begin with. Reasonable offers will be entertained. Overseas buyers are welcome, and will pay actual shipping minus a $10 credit (for the included US shipping).

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Click on photos to view full-size in Picasaweb

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Dayton, Ohio, USA

Shipping Charge
Continental US shipping included in price. Others pay actual shipping minus $10.

Shipping Services
Priority Mail standard; Expedited services available

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item sold as-is. Return only accepted if item is DOA.

PayPal preferred. Let me know if you insist on another payment method.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by aerodave; 11-06-2009 at 07:26 PM.