PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
The ULTIMATE Takumar Starter Kit

Asking Price
350 USD

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Item Description
My lens collection is getting out of hand so I am going to start by selling a few of my Takumars. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to check out the fine products Pentax was producing in the 60s and 70s. I would like to sell these together if possible so priority given to the person who wants the whole lot (or a good chunk of it at least).

S-M-C Takumar 28mm f3.5: Glass is in good shape with just a few minor defects that can only be seen if you really look for them (cleaning marks at perimeter of front element). Absolutely nothing that will affect IQ. Comes with the original case and non-original caps.

S-M-C Takumar 35mm f3.5: This one is my personal favorite of the bunch. Condition is very good with just a few signs of use on the lens body and near perfect glass. Comes with original case and caps. Great lens with a nice focal length on APS-C.

SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4: A legendary lens. This one is in good shape. Signs of use visible on the lens body but the glass is still very nice. It has picked up some dust over the years but again not significant enough to impact anything that matters. Comes with a Pentax (but not the original) front cap and a generic rear cap.

Macro Takumar 50mm f4, the original Pre-set version with 1:1 macro: This lens doesn't get the respect it deserves. It is truly a work of art. Incredibly sharp, with fantastic macro capabilities. Focus is very, very smooth throughout the range except between the 9 and 10 inches on the distance scale I can often feel a single point of stiffness. I have used this lens extensively with no problems whatsoever, but I just wanted to provide full disclosure. I guarantee you will fall in love with this lens. Lens is in good shape otherwise. Comes with original caps.

SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8: It may have a similar focal length to the slightly faster 50/1.4, but this lens definitely has its own unique character. Very sharp with beautiful color reproduction (better than the 1.4 in my opinion). Very good condition, with perfectly smoooooth focusing throughout the range. Comes with non-original front and rear caps.
**EDIT** Sorry, forgot to note that this lens has some numbers engraved on the underside (when mounted on a camera) of the lens body

S-M-C Takumar 135mm f2.5: This is the later 6 element version (43812), which is supposed to be the best of the 135mm Taks, as it is optically identical to the highly regarded Pentax-K version. This lens performs beautifully and the glass is in fine shape. Close inspection may reveal some very small imperfections on the glass (no obvious scratches), and a little internal dust. The body has two issues, which were not that significant to me personally as they in no way affect the optical performance. First, there is a small dent where the filter threads are. This would very likely be repairable (there are several threads on the forum that explain how to do it yourself if you are handy). Second, the ring with the depth-of-field scale on it (between the aperture and focus rings) is no longer fixed in place, and rotates freely. The aperture and focus rings both function perfectly. Comes with the original front and rear caps and a Makinon lens case (the case is in poor condition, top of lid starting to come apart as can be seen in the picture).

*If you buy the whole set I will throw in a genuine Pentax M42-to-K adapter

I will post detailed pictures of all the lenses tomorrow.

Thanks
Ian

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Item Location
Ottawa, Canada

Shipping Charge
USA: $33 (fast), $23 (slow). Canada: $30 (fast), $16 (slow)

Shipping Services
Canada Post: Xpresspost or regular Parcel post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If items not as described, return within 1 week. For worldwide shipping contact me for estimate, but it will be a rather large and somewhat heavy package with so costs will likely be very high.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by ianinbc; 11-08-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Edited 55mm description
11-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
Wow! That's not just a starter set, but almost all one would ever need. Good luck with your sale, not that you should need it.
11-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Wow, great set you have there.
11-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
wow!

My LBA is back again. But I have to resist.

11-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 105 (100%)
Damn... so very very tempting.