PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Voigtlander 180mm f4 SL

Asking Price
US$ 700

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Item Description
Selling this lens to muster cash for a 200mm f2.8. The IQ of this lens is great, virtually no CA or purple fringing, and sharp wide open. Its quite small for a 180mm, uses 49mm filters. More on this great lens can be read from here:
Voigtlander SL 180mm f/4 APO-Lanthar - Test Report/Review

Lens condition: Glass is perfect, no blemishes, scratches, definitely no fungus, always kept in a dry cab. A bit of internal dust, but that's normal.
Exterior condition - conservatively 9 / 10. The black metal casing of the Voigtlander SL series of lenses tend to show signs of use easily. This lens has been carefully used (though not much, I seldom use this focal length) so the exterior looks like new. Will post pictures of this lens when I get home.
Note: This lens has a slightly stiff focusing ring, which is not uncommon for this lens. (this was observed by other users as well, in a thread that was posted in the SLR lens section) It does not affect IQ or functionality at all, but means you need to use a lil' bit more muscle to focus.

This lens has been discontinued and not frequently found here at the marketplace, so here's your chance to get it.

Will throw in a B+W MRC Skylight filter (49mm) for it. Comes with rear cap, and 2 front lens caps - the original metal screw on one, and a plastic clip on one for convenience when out shooting. No hood, I didn't get it when I bought the lens.

Finally, some pictures from this lens.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Item Location
Singapore

Shipping Charge
Please check under the website below

Shipping Services
Speedpost: Speedpost

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
will refund if item was misrepresented, and the lens is returned in the same condition it was sold.
Shipping to be borne by respective parties

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by knyghtfall; 11-12-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: corrected type of UV filter and a slight price drop
11-12-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 36 (100%)
Never thought I'd see one of these on the marketplace, but I just wanted to comment on that first image: brilliant! Perfect lighting, perfect capture - well done.

Now someone buy the lens before I get tempted...
11-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks Ash You know, when I posted the pictures taken by the lens, I re-considered my decision to sell it - it is a brilliant lens, with great colour rendition and bokeh, and close focus. But f4's a bit too slow for the tele shots I am more inclined towards, so i thought I'd save up for a F2.8, and give myself a treat this Christmas.

Here are some pictures of the lens itself, terribly done due to my poor product shooting skills, but I hope it gives you a picture (several, actually) of how the lens look:

11-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
Pretty much all the Voigtlander lenses make my putter flutter. There's just something about them that makes me want to shoot with them and fondle them after dark ...err clean them in the evening Very, very nice lens.

11-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Itīs a perfect lens, highly recommended, supersharp if you catch focus

Last edited by Damn Brit; 11-13-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Price comments not allowed.
11-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks all for the commendations for this lens. Can't agree more on the fantastic IQ for this lens. Currently reserved.
11-17-2009, 03:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
lens is sold! thanks all for the interest