Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

 
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member
Voe's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 708
Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
[SOLD] Mir-24 35mm f/2

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Mir-24 35mm f/2

Asking Price
$125

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Item Description
Lens has been converted to Pentax K-mount. There is no fungus, dust or scratches on the glass. The body shows minor use. Everything works properly.


It can be used in either Av or M mode (Aperture Priority or Manual) like with M42 lenses on Pentax DSLR and Film SLR.


Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Melbourne, Australia

Shipping Charge
20

Shipping Services
Registered Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If item is not as described I'm happy to refund (- shipping charges) within 7 days.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!


My photos taken with this lens:







Attached Images
 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-LX3  Photo 

Last edited by Voe; 12-08-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: including more photos
12-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
Voe
Veteran Member
Voe's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 708
Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
This is a bump.
12-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member
figmental1978's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 789
Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
H stands for Nikon mount right? If so, how did you convert it to K mount?
12-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Voe
Veteran Member
Voe's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 708
Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
Yes, it stands for Nikon (H in cyrillic = N in latin).

It required some metal filing and hole drilling in order to be able to acommodate for the K mount.


Last edited by Voe; 12-07-2009 at 11:44 PM.
12-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 48
Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
How can it be used in Av mode like M42? The camera body can control the aperture on this lens? Most M42 cannot do that.

As it is russian made is there any radioactive element or whatever?
12-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
Voe
Veteran Member
Voe's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 708
Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxoid Quote
How can it be used in Av mode like M42? The camera body can control the aperture on this lens? Most M42 cannot do that.

As it is russian made is there any radioactive element or whatever?
Of course the camera cannot control the aperture of M42 lenses. But this does no mean that the lens cannot be used in Av mode. Any M42 lens can be used in Av mode on a Pentax DSLR by changing the aperture from the lens. With M42 you set the aperture on the lens and camera does the metering automatically in Av mode, same thing with this lens.

Not sure if there are any radioactive elements inside, but the lens glows in the dark (it helps a lot in low light photography). I was using this lens to take photos of my dog and now the dog has a skin cancer. And for some reason the battery of my Pentax K7 never goes flat when I use this lens. But no, I don't think it's radioactive.
BTW The lens comes with special case made of lead with cool looking logo (yellow circle with 3 black triangles inside), will post photos.

Edit: I was just kidding about the radioactive stuff. But, as far as I know the lens does not have radioactive elements.

Last edited by Voe; 12-09-2009 at 07:59 PM.
12-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
Pentaxian
panoguy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,290
Feedback Score: 60 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Voe Quote
BTW The lens comes with special case made of lead with cool looking logo (yellow circle with 3 black triangles inside), will post photos.
From the long-forgotten Arsenal factory in Pripyat? Nice... I got my night-vision goggles from there. They say they are "fungus-proofed" lenses...
12-10-2009, 01:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member
ytterbium's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,076
Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Pripyat!? What year was the lens made in?
I hope it was long gone from there before the year 1986, or else it may not only be fungus proof, but anything living proof.

On the other hand, when i screw out my SMC Tak 55/1.8 and move the Geiger counter near the rear element, it goes like ratatata trrr tratata. I wonder what long time effect this has on film.

Free bump .

12-10-2009, 05:00 AM   #9
Voe
Veteran Member
Voe's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 708
Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
Guys, I started having second thoughts about selling this lens. I'm already missing it. Maybe I should keep it.
12-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #10
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,620
Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Voe Quote
Guys, I started having second thoughts about selling this lens. I'm already missing it. Maybe I should keep it.
I wouldn't sell it, it definitely looks the part!
I vote keep it.

PS. care to share you're conversion technique with us? I'd be interested in trying my hand at this as well.
12-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #11
Voe
Veteran Member
Voe's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 708
Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I wouldn't sell it, it definitely looks the part!
I vote keep it.

PS. care to share you're conversion technique with us? I'd be interested in trying my hand at this as well.
Hi John,

First I took the old Nikon mount off. I used it to create a paper pattern of the holes for the 3 screws holding the mount. For the pentax mount I used a M42 to K mount adapter with a flange (very cheap on eBay). I marked the holes according the paper pattern and drilled them with a very tiny drill bit, just so that the screw can enter. Next I took a bigger drill bit to create the opening insert for the head of the screw. Next I had to shave the aperture ring of the lens in order to be able to fit the new mount.
And that's it.
12-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #12
Veteran Member
arbib's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Camby, Indiana
Posts: 379
Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Voe Quote
Of course the camera cannot control the aperture of M42 lenses. But this does no mean that the lens cannot be used in Av mode. Any M42 lens can be used in Av mode on a Pentax DSLR by changing the aperture from the lens. With M42 you set the aperture on the lens and camera does the metering automatically in Av mode, same thing with this lens.

Not sure if there are any radioactive elements inside, but the lens glows in the dark (it helps a lot in low light photography). I was using this lens to take photos of my dog and now the dog has a skin cancer. And for some reason the battery of my Pentax K7 never goes flat when I use this lens. But no, I don't think it's radioactive.
BTW The lens comes with special case made of lead with cool looking logo (yellow circle with 3 black triangles inside), will post photos.

Edit: I was just kidding about the radioactive stuff. But, as far as I know the lens does not have radioactive elements.

Only the 61/LD has a radio active element !
But great humor LOL
12-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #13
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,620
Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Voe Quote
Hi John,

First I took the old Nikon mount off. I used it to create a paper pattern of the holes for the 3 screws holding the mount. For the pentax mount I used a M42 to K mount adapter with a flange (very cheap on eBay). I marked the holes according the paper pattern and drilled them with a very tiny drill bit, just so that the screw can enter. Next I took a bigger drill bit to create the opening insert for the head of the screw. Next I had to shave the aperture ring of the lens in order to be able to fit the new mount.
And that's it.
Hi, thanks a bunch for sharing that info.
I didn't meant to hijack this thread, but your work inspired me.
Does this mean that someone could do this with any manual Nikon mount? or was this specific to this particular model? Have you ever considered making a tutorial or visual guide for this type of conversion? I find it highly intriguing.
12-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #14
Voe
Veteran Member
Voe's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 708
Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Hi, thanks a bunch for sharing that info.
I didn't meant to hijack this thread, but your work inspired me.
Does this mean that someone could do this with any manual Nikon mount? or was this specific to this particular model? Have you ever considered making a tutorial or visual guide for this type of conversion? I find it highly intriguing.
I think this method will work for most old Nikon lenses but not sure if it will include all. I had Nikon 180mm f/2.8 ED at some point, but was too afraid to modify it as it was very expensive and it was like new condition. But from what I remember the mount and the aperture around it would the require the same procedure as with the Mir-24.
12-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #15
Voe
Veteran Member
Voe's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 708
Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Original Poster
last bump.
 

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
f/2, item, lens, mir-24, pentax
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Samsung D-Xenogon 35mm f/2 (Pentax SMCP-FA 35mm f/2.0) (US) waterhouse8800 Sold Items 1 04-25-2010 09:21 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax SMC K 35mm/2 35mm F2 Rare Collector's Item, w/ Metal Hood (Worldwide) frank Sold Items 16 04-07-2010 05:03 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax K 24mm/2.8; A 28mm/2.8; M 35mm/2 for a FA 35mm/2 Curbster54 Sold Items 1 12-04-2009 12:54 PM
For Sale - Sold: Takumar 49mm lens hood for a 35mm/F2 or 35mm/F3.5 with case SteveM Sold Items 3 11-24-2009 05:39 PM
MIR-47 Anyone using this lens? figmental1978 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 04-21-2009 05:08 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:23 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top