Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 101 (100%)
[SOLD] Sigma EX 70-200mm f/2.8 Pentax AF Lens (non-HSM), Worldwide Ship!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma EX 70-200mm f/2.8 Pentax AF Lens (non-HSM), Worldwide Ship!

Asking Price
$650

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Item Description
Hello all! I have a copy of the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX lens for sale now. This is the "older" (though still very recent) non-HSM version which focuses faster, has better image quality, and is much less prone to failure. It is highly recommended over the HSM version in this site's reviews. It is rated a "9.44" currently, versus the HSM version's "8.80". You can read PF's member reviews of this lens here:

PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - 70-200mm f/2.8

My copy of this lens is overall in excellent condition, with just some light scratches/wear on the body, and no scratches on the glass, nor any fungus/haze/fog internally. There are a couple of rub marks on, for example, the hood. Nothing major. However, there is one small fault with the front glass -- there are about 6 pinpoint-sized dots of coating loss on the front lens element. These were probably caused by an improper lens cleaner by a previous owner. I don't know. They're not streaks, just little dots, and they don't affect image quality in any way. But because of it, I'm offering a significantly lower price. The rear glass is in perfect condition.

This lens focuses extremely fast. I got it to see if I wanted to go with this Sigma lens or the similar Tamron lens. I ended up choosing the Tamron *only* because of its closer-focusing macro range, since I would rather not have to buy a dedicated macro lens if it's not necessary for the small amount of high-magnification macro shots I take. It's unfortunate I can't keep both, because this Sigma lens focuses MUCH faster than the Tamron one, the image quality is the same as far as I can tell, and it feels a bit better-built overall. If it weren't for the need for macro, I'd be keeping this one for sure instead.

The lens comes with the original Sigma front and generic rear cap and the original Sigma petal lens hood and Sigma tripod collar, as well as a generic 77mm UV filter and case for the filter. Here are pictures of the lens, including shots of the included accessories, and of the front glass where you can see the small spots on the front glass. These spots show up much more with the flash bouncing off the glass; they're not visible in normal light unless looking very hard for them:

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Item Location
United States

Shipping Charge
Free USA, $25 Canada, $35 Worldwide

Shipping Services
USPS Only, 5-day International Delivery

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns gladly accepted if notified in 24 hours of receipt and no shipping damage has occurred. Items will be insured during transit.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

12-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Looks Good

PM Sent...
12-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 101 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold faster than a thing that sells really really fast! Thanks!!