Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
[ACQUIRED] Pentax Z1-p/PZ-1p

Hi all. I didn't expect my first post in this forum would be in this section, but I had a real bad luck...

My workhorse Pentax Z1-p just died on me after I was hit by a giant wave... AF on the Tamron SP 28-75/2.8 also died (but i'm hoping my repair guy can take care of that) and the FA 80-200/4.7-5.6 is now in pieces after I tried to work my way inside her. Well, the FA was a crap lens and I was planning to replace it, so no big deal here. My FA 50/1.4 survived (yesssssss) and I was amazed by the survival of the cheap Cosina 19-35... Oh, and the PZ-10 the Cosina was mounted on also died!

Anyway, I do have a nice MZ-5n (my last working AF film camera - I always knew there was a reason for me to have a lot of redundant cameras...), but Z1-p is such a great camera I can't live without one for long. Can't see any for sale in the bay, but I do have a Z1 (older model) in watch and a few local deals also being considered. But if any of you nice people in the Forum have a Z1-p for sale in Europe (sorry, outside EU I do pay a lot of taxes, unless it's a cheap sale) and will ship to Portugal, I will be eternally greatfull.

My feedback here is obviously null, but I have a good ebay feedback, which I can provide to interested vendors. I'm looking for a nice condition camera, but a few cosmetic only marks are aceptable. Price I'm willing to pay depends on the condition of the camera, but I'm well informed of medium prices for a Z1-p and I'm not looking for a terrible bargain, so anything from 50 (good camera, cosmetic marks, no box) to 100 (mint, all original box and manual in place) is good for me. Shiping will be to Lisbon, Portugal, payment with paypal.

Thanks.

12-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
Hi Hertizel!

Welcome to PF... too bad it's for this matter.

Either way, just to say that I know him from another forum and it's a reliable guy.

Hope you get your new camera/gear soon Hertizel.

Cheers
12-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome. I think I bought an SMC-Pentax M 100/4 Macro from you some time ago. Still going strong here in my lineup, although i've since moved on to AF Pentax (Digital and Film, mostly film) and will possibly replace it one of these days for a FA 100/2.8 or something like that (I don't shot macro, but macros are great portrait lens).

Anyway, terrible luck, but all in a day's work if you enjoy photography. I am VERY curious to see the last picture of the roll inside my late Z1-p I managed to save in a changing bag, because it was taken miliseconds before the incident!

I don't know about off-topic policy in this forum, so i'll stick to the topic. Make me happy and sell me a Z1-p, please...
12-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hertizel Quote
Thanks for the welcome. I think I bought an SMC-Pentax M 100/4 Macro from you some time ago. ....................

I don't know about off-topic policy in this forum, so i'll stick to the topic. Make me happy and sell me a Z1-p, please...
You did

About your problem, did you see this ? https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/81298-sale-pe...pz-1p-slr.html

12-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
Yes, I have, but thank you for pointing it out. I've had some proposals here and I'm also checking ebay and local/portuguese options, before I make a final decision.

But what really made me happy today is that the PZ-10 revived!! A friend of mine put both machines in destiled water for 2 days, left them to dry and tested the PZ-10 today - a miracle happened, and everything seems to be working! Z1-p is still drying, but I'm keeping my hopes down, because it was the camera I had on me (PZ-10 was in the opened camera bag, turned off), turned on and took the bulk of the wave impact.

I think even if it works, I'll still buy another. Hell, if it works after what happened, I'll consider it the greatest camera ever and I'll need a second one just in case!!!
12-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

How exactly did it happen ? where you inside of sea water ?
12-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
This picture taken by a friend who was with me tells the story: IMG_9201 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!. It was taken after the incident. The waves were very strong, but I relied on my surfing experience to count the series of waves (set) and go to the ledge to shot some pictures between the breaking waves. I guess I'm not much of a surfer...

I'm going to get my developed pictures today (Rollei Digibase X-Pro), I'll post the last one before I was hit by a giant mass of water later on.