PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
k10D with 18-55m kit lens and extras, including split screen

Asking Price
$375

Shipping Destinations
United States

Item Description
I bought this kit from the original owner almost new. It had less than 1000 clicks, as far as I could tell (I don't have a tool to check shutter count, so I'm going by the running count that was on it when I bought it). It appeared and operated like new when I bought it. Now, with (I think) about 8000 clicks, it still appears and operates like new.

If anyone with a better exif tool than mine would like to verify shutter count, you can use the pics of the 18-55 glass. Those were two of the last photos taken with this camera. If you do check, a reply in this thread with an accurate count would be much appreciated. Thank you.

The only sign of wear I can see on the camera is on the printed "OK" on the OK button. One leg is faded. Otherwise, I see not scratches, scuffs or wear. Please let the pictures be your guide.

This comes in the original packaging with all you see in the photos:
Body
18-55mm lens (in perfect condition)
battery (with very long life)
charger
A/V cable
Manual
strap
eye-cap

ALSO INCLUDED:
split screen with prism collar (not Katzeye--original screen is in camera, split-screen is in the blue box)
Two 4gig Sandisc Ultra II memory cards
A very handy, small Sandisc card reader

You won't often find a cleaner K10D. Focus is spot on. No issues of any kind that I'm aware of. Thanks for looking. Pics on their way below

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Minnesota, US

Shipping Charge
$20

Shipping Services
USPS, insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If not as described, I will return for refund minus shipping. Please notify me immediately if you feel that there is a problem.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 12-15-2009 at 09:53 PM ----------

Last edited by unkabin; 12-15-2009 at 07:58 PM. Reason: added another photo
12-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Shutter count read from ExifTool is 8199 on the last pic

sending PM
12-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
That's what I thought. Thanks, Shadowfaxes.
12-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
QuoteQuote:
Anyway, this lens prompted me to put my camera on a tripod, and run some tests. I found that the camera slightly backfocuses on all my lenses. My question is this: if I run the debug program and adjust the focus, will it affect my split-screen focus? Right now, the autofocus indicator and the prism split are right on with each other--both slightly behind (or would that be in front of?) the target.
OP made a post a while back about a possible backfocusing issue. It is probably resolved, but just putting it out there for his response.

12-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
Shadowfaxes. I pm-ed you a reply. There's no back focus. I found out my splitscreen was slightly off. I shimmed it with thin strips of scotch tape on the edges. The original focus screen is in the camera now.

Here's a link to a recent family gathering--an early Christmas at Thanksgiving. No time to refocus in a small room with little ones.

MobileMe Gallery

edit: I just want to add that I'm not selling this camera as is, but guaranteed as advertised.

Last edited by unkabin; 12-15-2009 at 10:27 PM.