PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
DA 17-70mm f4 AL [IF] SDM

Asking Price
415 USD

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Item Description
Did you get a great new camera body for Christmas, and wish you had a great upgrade for the kit lens? Didn't get that quiet SDM-enabled walkaround zoom you wanted for Hanukkah? Did you get a holiday bonus at work that has "LBA" written all over it? If so, then you've come to the right place!

For sale is a Pentax DA 17-70mm F4 AL [IF] SDM. I purchased this lens new from B+H Photo in August 2009. It is in excellent condition, with no optical or mechanical defects or signs of wear. (I chose "Like New" instead of "Mint" because I'd rather err on the conservative side. But to be honest, if I bought a lens that looked like this and someone was calling it "mint", I would have no reason to disagree). In my time with the lens, a couple tiny specks of dust have come and gone behind the front element. Right now there's nothing noticeable, but the nature of zoom lenses is that they'll suck in a little dust now and again. There's certainly nothing that would impact images, and you'd expect the same behavior if you bought the lens new yourself.

Included with the lens are all the original packaging and accessories. Box, instruction manual, hood, front and rear caps...everything is just as it came from the factory. There are no scratches on the lens or any of its accessories. The zoom action is smooth, and the SDM motor had never shown any signs of a problem. In short, this whole package is the same stuff, in the same condition, as if you bought it new.

Below are a few pictures of the whole setup, and shots of the lens body and external glass surfaces. It's hard to image the lens elements to prove there's nothing there, but they're clean as a whistle. Also included is one sample shot taken with the lens, of my dog Laika. Click on any of these images to see a much larger version in my Picasa web album. There you can see a lot more detail.

This has been a great lens. It's a great high-quality replacement for the kit lens, because it extends the zoom range on both ends and adds aperture on the long end where you need it the most. The focusing is quiet and fast thanks to the SDM motor, and it's sharp and contrasty all over its performance envelope. Photozone.de loves it, and calls it the "most desirable standard zoom lens in the current Pentax lens lineup."

I'm asking $415 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 states. (Other buyers get a $10 discount on the actual shipping costs.) I will always do my best to have the item shipped within 1 business day of receiving payment. Feel free to make a reasonable offer.

PayPal only, please. (Paypal fees are included. I'd never dream of charging the buyer for a payment method that makes my life simpler!)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Item Location
Dayton, Ohio, USA

Shipping Charge
Free*

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns only accepted if item is not as described.

*Free shipping to CONUS. Other destinations pay actual costs less $10 shipping credit.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

12-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
PM sent .......