Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 101 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax SMC-K 50mm f/1.2 Lens, $250 shipped!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax SMC-K 50mm f/1.2 Lens, $250 shipped!

Asking Price
$250

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Item Description
I got a copy of this lens that I was hoping to use more often, but a lens like this shines at night, and it's just too cold at night in the Winter here to use it as much as it should be used, so I'm letting it go.

The lens is very much a "user" copy, with a significantly worn body. The grip is a little loose and all the surfaces are heavily worn with brassing.

However, the glass is in very good shape with NO fungus, haze, mould, or fog, and only some minor dust and one patch of light coating loss on the front.

The lens works perfectly. It stops down properly, it focuses properly, the aperture ring turns and clicks properly, the blades are clean, and it takes wonderful pictures. The only thing you'll notice different from any other copy of this lens is the body -- the images will remain just as beautiful!

Overall I would rate the body 4/10 and the glass 8.5/10. Because of the aforementioned detractors, I am listing it here at a very low price, in order to sell quickly. Remember, I ship worldwide with cheap 5-day delivery. PM me if you're interested, and thanks!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Poor

Item Location
United States

Shipping Charge
Free USA, $25 Canada, $30 Worldwide

Shipping Services
USPS only

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns gladly accepted if notified in 24 hours of receipt and no shipping damage has occurred. Items will be insured during transit.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

12-31-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
a lovely lens

Just can not image how one could use this film era lens to this condition Must be a super enthusiast. A great lens if one "really" knows how to manually focus.
01-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
WOW, now that's impressive. Looks like it been used for at least a century.
Bump for overall impressions
01-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
What's impressive is that it still operates! Wow.

01-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 101 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
What's impressive is that it still operates! Wow.
And perfectly, mind you! Not even a hint of stiff focus or aperture.

Thanks for the bumps guys, I too was impressed at how "vintage" this looks, and I don't know what could've caused all the wear to the body, while keeping the glass in near-perfect condition.