Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 73 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax Lenses: DA 17-70mm and FA 50mm

I have one remaining Pentax lens for sale.

Pentax DA 17-70mm F4 AL(IF) SDM
***SOLD***
I'm the second owner. I bought this in November, decided not to take this on my Christmas vacation (see below), and then decided that I'd rather have a DA LTD lens instead. So I'm selling this one to help fund the switch.

Excellent condition, comes with a Hoya HMC UV(0) filter, ø67mm. The filter cost me $60 (you can get it for $40 online if you hunt), it will help keep your front element nice and clean. Comes with box, papers, etc. UPC has been removed.

I'm asking $400. This one is a performer, and I like everything except the size relative to the tiny DA LTD lenses.

Q: Why am I selling it?
A: I have an 8 month old daughter. We took her on a plane trip to see her grandparents for Christmas. We ended up packing 5 check-in bags, four carry-ons, and a circus of diapers, washclothes, and junk.
I decided to leave my bigger lenses behind, and I brought only the DA 35mm LTD and FA 50mm. I don't have the room to carry big lenses anymore. My lifestyle has changed and I need to downsize. I am going to use the cash from these sales to buy a DA 15mm LTD.
I've already committed to this approach. I traded my DA* 50-135—the apple of my eye and top performer—for a DA 70mm LTD and used the balance to fund the DA 40mm. My big lenses are going, going, gone, and I'm going to have an exclusive LTD lineup.

Q: Years ago you blasted the 17-70mm on this forum. What's up with that?
A: Back when this lens was brand new from Pentax, I bought a copy and it didn't focus right on my K10D. I was angry and I returned it. Since then, I decided to give it another chance. This copy is perfect, required no adjustment on my K-7, and gives me no reason to complain about optical quality. I came back because this lens has a super useful focal range, has fast SDM focusing, and is plenty sharp for a zoom.

Q: Why is this selling for more than what you paid?
A: (1) because it is in excellent condition.
(2) because I'm including a pricy UV filter.
(3) because the market seems to have improved.
(4) because I thought the asking price when I purchased was low, which is why I snapped it up within an hour.

Pentax FA 50mm F1.4
I bought this back in December 2007, I'm the only owner. Great lens. I agonized over selling this, because it is compact and suits my needs. In the end, I decided to go with the 40mm LTD, et al.

Asking $280.

This lens is legendary. You've been in the market, now is the time to buy.

Shipping
$10 each to the contiguous USA.
Please ask for shipping to foreign lands. I prefer to deal with users who have trade history when shipping internationally. Buyer is responsible for any tariffs, etc.

Last edited by Aegon; 01-09-2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: modify title
01-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
PMs responded.
01-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Replied.

Daily bump.