PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron Pz-AF 1.4X MC4 teleconverter

Asking Price
$150 USD

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Item Description
Here's the ever-popular Tamron Pz-AF 1.4X MC4 teleconverter, a recent copy in excellent condition optically, mechanically, and cosmetically. Includes front and rear caps, and leather bag.

For the definitive 38-page thread on this topic, go here. The consensus is that 1.4X is the maximum at which you can expect decent image quality, and that the Tamron 1.4 is the best universal TC. Personally, I've found in conjunction with a high-IQ lens such as the Tamron 90 2.8 Macro, a Vivitar 2.0X (non-focussing) TC can give good results too. Your mileage may vary.

Yes, this TC does give better IQ than cropping in post-processing. (I'll post a rigorous comparison tomorrow.) But evidently I'm a rank amateur, because to me at least the slight improvement in IQ is just not worth the effort, which is why I'm selling the Tamron 1.4.

This TC certainly does a good job of auto-focus with a Tamron 90 f2.8, with no drop-off in focus speed except in very low-light situations. Sorry, I have no way to check if it auto-focuses with DA* SDMs -- probably not. (On the other hand, maybe it will fool a K7/K20D into thinking there is no SDM in a DA* 50-135? That would be great!)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Item Location
Eugene, Oregon, US

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
UPS, USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Price includes $25 non-refundable PayPal and shipping to any contiguous US address. So please, use due diligence in researching whether this teleconverter will work with your current and/or planned future lenses. Feel free to post questions publicly here -- I can't promise to answer them all, but with luck, maybe someone more knowledgeable will.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
01-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
I want to purchase, but am at work right now. I'll respond tonight.

Patty
01-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Pm'd you. Patty