Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 58 (100%)
[SOLD] Yashica MG-1, Oly Trip, Sears TLS and 55mm/1.4 lens

Here's some more stuff (yes, more!). As usual, I can ship internationally if you'd like. Buyer pays shipping where ever the stuff is headed. And as for trades, I'm not looking for much but the same rules apply: No zooms and no film cameras

1. Yashica MG-1 rangefinder $40
This camera is in 9/10 condition. The only marks are a couple from use on the film wind lever and some nicks on the battery door. I guess if I were going to be particular, the focus and aperture rings aren't Takumar smooth but are not “loose” in any way.

I cleaned the glass parts of the viewfinder, but didn't touch the gold mirror. It's nice and bright It will need new light seals, as the old ones are getting gross and I don't have any more interslice stuff. I will include a battery adapter if you'd like...one of the ebay ones with a clear plastic tube...better than tin foil, by far.

The camera is not tested with film, but it seems that it's working fine. The meter reads well and all the indicators light up. When the reading indicates overexposure, it makes a “buzzing” sound like vintage electronics do. It's annoying, and that's about it...

Comes with:
-Camera
-Case
-Strap
-Battery adapter if you need it

Pics:

2. Olympus Trip 35 $free

Well, there's a reason this one's free It appears to be working...the meter brings up the red flag when there's not enough light. It has a huge dent on the filter ring. The glass is clear, though.

Here's where the issues start: It looks like there was some candy on it...or something...and it became sticky/crusty. I cleaned most of it off but didn't take the lens apart. I was going to, but didn't feel like it. The ISO ring is hard to move...the shutter speed ring is very stiff...the focus ring is pretty good...the sight lines inside the viewfinder are somewhat rubbed off...light seals need replacement...various scratches...

If no one wants to pay for it via shipping, I'll probably toss it.

Pics:

3. Auto Sears 55mm f/1.4 lens $45
4. Sears TLS camera $free
I'm not going to lie...the Sears 55/1.4 is pretty much the only reason I'm keeping my M42 adapter around. It's a genuinely great lens and I love it...the Pentax 50/1.7s are great but don't have “it.” This lens has “it”

It's well-used...brassing everywhere. The glass is clear, and the aperture works perfectly (so does the Auto-Manual switch). Hmm...what else? The focus is smooth but it takes some effort. You won't twist it off the camera or anything.

No caps with it.

The Sears TLS camera is heavily used, as well. Brassing everywhere, with a couple tiny dings here n there. Viewfinder is pretty clear, desperately needs light seals and especially a new mirror bumper. It's also victim to the same thing the Oly had on it..but the only evidence is on the film selector wheel and film wind. The film wind decorative cap is missing.

The meter reads one stop higher than my other TLS above f/8 or so. Below f/8, it's pretty accurate. This, and the missing battery cover and the needed seals/bumper/cleaning, are why it's free.

5. Pentax Winder ME II $10
Power switch is kinda stiff, works fine overall. No batteries.

01-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Pm Sent

PM sent on the Yashica!

Thanks
01-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Potential interest in the whole lot on another forum...I'll keep this thread updated since shipping would cost an arm

There is one person in line for the Yashica, so keep the PMs coming on the other items
01-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Pending sale on everything

Just waiting on payment.

01-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
So I take it you've sold the lot to the person on the other forum?
01-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sbphotog Quote
So I take it you've sold the lot to the person on the other forum?
Yes, I just received his payment this morning. Everything is now officially SOLD