Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 101 (100%)
[ACQUIRED] Want to BORROW -- Any Pentax DSLR!

Hello all. Yes, the title of this wanted post is a bit unusual. My K-x recently developed a focus problem where it won't switch out of MF (the physical button), and it still AFs with AF lenses, but very slowly and inaccurately. The camera is brand new so I'm sending it in for repair, but the quoted time including shipping on both ends is about a month. I simply can't go that long without a Pentax DSLR, so I'm seeing if anyone here can help me.

I don't have a backup body, can't afford one, so I was wondering if some kind forum member would let me borrow one of theirs. I'll pay shipping costs to me, and some money for your trouble. Obviously, in total it can't come even close to what I can get a used K100D for, or I'll just buy that and resell it later -- but that's not ideal. Any old body should be fine, as long as it works fully. One that takes AAs is preferable, otherwise you'll have to include a battery and charger. I'll pay to have it fully insured both ways, and I'll baby the camera like it was my very own.

I'll be the first to say if I were a new member with 0 posts, this would be a great way to get a camera stolen/broken. But I'm not that kind of person. Check my feedback here, and know that I'm just another Pentax lover in need of a little help right now. Preferably it would come from someone I've done business with in the past, where there is already trust built up so that I don't get any stupid questions ("r u scamR?@!" and the like). It must be US-only.

PM me if you've got any DSLR to offer, and thanks!
--Wallyb.

01-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 79 (100%)
PM sent with possible DSLR
01-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 101 (100%)
Original Poster
Wow, got one already! Thanks BCB!