PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax SMCP FA* 400 f/5.6 lens

Asking Price
$1400 CAD

Shipping Destinations
North America

Item Description
Up for grabs is my well used and trusty 400mm lens.

This item is between good and fair condition. It has brassing along the tripod collar and some scuffs on the lens barrels from the lens hood. If you're looking for a mint lens, this isn't it. It's been used hard and well.

The reason for selling this lens is I'm mostly shooting landscapes and don't take this lens out too much these days.

As for the glass, there'a couple of spots of dust. It's otherwise unscratched/blemished.

The lenshood did take a hit a couple of years ago. this hit knocked the hood askew and led to the scuffing on the lens barrel near where the hood sits. The only "damage" is the 8 rollers inside the lens-hood got stripped on one side (see photo included at the very bottom for a shot of the rollers, with the left one rotated and the right one showing the damage). The hood sits fine for the most part, but you may need to rotate the rollers once in a while.

This lens cost $2200 CAD when I got it. I'm looking for $1400 plus shipping. I'll absorb the paypal fees.

Seeing as though the post office doesn't open until tomorrow, I won't have an exact cost for shipping until then.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Item Location
Guelph, ON

Shipping Charge
TBD

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If the item is not in the condition described above, a full refund will be given. You will be responsible for return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

01-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Excuse me, I realized that the lenses have / present, patches of dust.
But I did not understand, if they have scratches? or otherwise.

Last thing, the blow / impact, has in some way, Disability adjusted, ruined the shape (cylindrical) of the barrel, or changed the lens?

thanks, sincere greetings
simon
01-31-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Original Poster
Hi Simon,

The dust is small flecks of the paint inside the lens. There's no scratched on the actual glass.

The only thing that happened to the lens barrel when the hood took the hit was some scuffing of the paint. It's still a perfectly round lens . The scuff on the lens from the hood can be seen in the 6th photo. It's a purely cosmetic blemish.

Cheers,

Andrew
01-31-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
HI! If I read your description correctly, the primary damage is to the lens hood itself, not the lens, correct?
pm sent
Tammy

01-31-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxCats Quote
HI! If I read your description correctly, the primary damage is to the lens hood itself, not the lens, correct?
pm sent
Tammy
Hi Tammy,

PM replied to.

You're correct. On the lens, the damage is a scuffing to the paint-job only. On the lens-hood, the damage is strictly to the rollers (there's 8 in total) which lock the hood onto the lens. The bayonet on the lens itself is completely unharmed (it's a metal bayonet and the rollers in the hood are plastic).

Cheers,

Andrew
02-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
Great lens and seems quite rare.

I was hunting for one during 1 year until I pulled the trigger elsewhere on another one! This means on the last 12/17 months it's the first time I see a 400/5.6 on the marketplace

Let's see how long does it last available

(free bump for a great lens and have a good sale )

P.S. - Andrew, why not add an update to the of this great lens at Pentax Lens Review and Specification Database - 400mm F5.6 ED [IF] (maybe also samples ? )
02-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just an FYI, there is an offer pending on this lens. Will update the status as soon as I can.

QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
P.S. - Andrew, why not add an update to the of this great lens at Pentax Lens Review and Specification Database - 400mm F5.6 ED [IF] (maybe also samples ? )
I think I can manage a sample or two on my review of it

02-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just an update to advise the lens is sold. Thank you to everyone who was interested.