Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 74 (100%)
[SOLD] Grab bag of As-Is Sears, Albinar lenses, Pentax MX body and Vivitar Flash

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Grab bag of As-Is Sears, Albinar lenses and Vivitar Flash

Edit: Pentax MX body has been sold separately(price has been adjusted accordingly)

Asking Price
$30

Shipping Destinations
United States

Item Description
The description is based on the worst of what is being offered here, so please read all of the descriptions if you are interested in the lot! I have acquired all of these lenses, body and flash over several years of craigslist buying (in lots), and have never used any of this particular camera equipment.

The two Albinar Lenses are actually in excellent condition. Those lenses are a 28-80mm F3.9-4.9 Albinar ADG MC Macro, and an 80-200mm F3.9 (constant aperture) Albinar ADG MC Macro. There are no signs of haze in either lenses, and the front and rear elements are both cosmetically excellent as well. The apertures on both lenses are also free of oil and stop down properly (both have an A setting as well). These are being sold as is primarily because they are KR mount! This means they have a small pin that WILL get stuck in the AF screwdrive on Pentax DSLRs (I know, because it has happened to me). If you do a search, you can perform lens surgery to remove the pin, and the lenses will then be able to be used on Pentax DSLRs. I WILL NOT be held liable if you stick this on your Pentax digital camera and it becomes stuck, which is the reason these lenses are being sold as is!

The next lens is a sears 70-210mm F4 (constant aperture) A series lens. The Front and rear elements are clean on this lens as well, with no signs of haze. This lens does however have sticky aperture blades, and is being sold as-is for that reason.

The 4th lens being offered here is damaged but is being thrown in for tinkering. The glass is somewhat dirty, and the aperture does not function. This is also a KR mount lens, with the pin that will cause the lens to get stuck on Pentax DSLRs (as with the albinar lenses as well).

A Vivitar Auto Thyristor 2800 flash is also being included. When I bought this as part of a lot, it had a blown AA battery inside, so there is leftover residue from the battery on the terminals. The contact terminals would have to be cleaned before use, but I have no way to test the flash and it is included as-is.

Finally, I have an old Pentax MX body. It is looking its' age, there is a small dent on the prism peak (above the Pentax logo), it has the dirt in the crevices you'd expect for a camera that is probably 30 years old as well. It does not have a battery, so I cannot test its' functionality. It comes with a small lace wrist strap and the bottom half of a leather body cover as well. Unfortunately there is no body cap, but it will be packed as well as everything else to prevent any internal damage.

If you've read all that, you must be interested! Reasonable offers will also be considered, send me a PM. Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
2 Very good to excellent, 2 poor

Item Location
Twin Cities, Minnesota

Shipping Charge
included

Shipping Services
USPS priority mail.

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Paypal, or cash on local pickup for payment - items sold as is, fully described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by pxpaulx; 02-13-2010 at 02:20 PM.
02-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Images of 3 of the lenses and included flash:
Attached Images

02-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: -1 (0%)
sears etc

since kr mount won't will will standard k mount pentax or chinon for pentax digital slr?
thanx jb
02-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I apologize but I dont understand your question, could you elaborate, or send me a PM? I will be happy to reply either way. If you are asking if this is a different type of mount, it is and isnt...it fits the K mount exactly. The problem with KR lenses is that around the edge (where the contacts are, and the screwdrive on AF lenses) the KR lenses have a small pin that is not on a standard K mount. This pin will get stuck in any pentax camera that has autofocus. If you intend to use the lenses with older manual focus-only film bodies, there isnt a problem with using these lenses, as there is no hole for the pin to get stuck in.

02-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pentax MX body has been sold separately, price adjusted accordingly in the original post, offers are welcome for the remaining lenses and flash individually or as a lot, shipping to the US only. Thanks for looking!
02-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price lowered.
02-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price lowered for entire lot, $30 shipped!

02-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Updated descriptions, the two albinar lenses are in very good to excellent shape. Shipping/paypal fees are now included at $30.
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
grab bag

do you still have any of these?
05-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
whoops, didn't know this was still open! Anything that was left is now property of goodwill.