Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
[SOLD] FA: Pentax F1.7x AF Converter

Hello all,

I'm selling a rare and sought after F1.7x AF Converter because I have too many converters. It has served me great to enable my older manual focus glass to make use of Auto Focus, but I'm using this glass less and less (because of its having been gradually replaced with excellent AF glass). Some of it already has been sold to happy new owners, the rest is kept for use on my MX.

The Pentax F1.7x AF Converter is a teleconverter that multiplies the focal length of a lens mounted onto it by 1.7x, reducing the aperture by 1.5 stops, e.g. it turns a 200mm f/4 lens into a 340mm f/6.7 lens.

Next to that the F1.7x AF Converter is a unique piece of Pentax innovation. It allows Auto Focus from near by to infinity with the lens manually set to infinity. The nearest distance depends on the lens, but is longer than the nearest distance marked on the lens.

With the lens set on its nearest distance however, the F1.7x AF Converter allows closer focusing because it partly works as an extension tube. Thus it can be a useful asset for macro or close-up work too.

Hence, by using the focus ring for rought focus and the converter for fine tuning, lenses actually get a longer focusing range thanks to this converter.

The converter also recalculates the F stop taking into account the 1.7x extension factor, thus showing the correct information in the camera, unlike any other teleconverter made for Pentax.

Build and optical quality are excellent. It fully fits in Pentax's tradition to retain compatibility with most of its older material in an excellent, user friendly and ergonomic way.

This copy was purchased by me second hand in the Netherlands about 2 years ago. It has been well cared for, and is a EX condition. It comes with the original caps and box and documentation (incl the Dutch warranty, but that obviously has expired).

I am selling this rare item to the highest bidder, and will close the auction July 6th at 18:00 (GMT+1). Bids can be made in this thread or by PM. I will keep bidders up to date on their bid status on a daily basis. I will do this honestly, but at the same time I reserve the right to redraw the item should no satisfactory bids be made.
Sold for: USD 325

Note that I will not take bids per PM as of Friday 12:00 GMT+1. All bids after that need to be done in the thread. If you wish to remain anonymous, please bid before. This is to make sure everyone has an equal chance. I will be strict about the end time of 18:00 GMT+1, even if massively higher bids come in at 18:01.

EDIT: 12:00 GMT+1 has passed, only bids in th thread as of now.

Bids do not include shipping, which the winning bidder needs to add to the price. I ship to EU, North America and Australia. For other destinations leave me a PM and I will provide feedback.

For payment, I accept Paypal and EU bank transfer.

Thanks in advance for your bids!!

Wim (aka Ishpuini on Pentax SLR Talk at dpreview)

Last edited by Ishpuini; 07-10-2007 at 01:46 AM.
07-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Three bids so far. Current highest (as indicated in main post) USD 140.

I am now updating the post after every bid I receive, when I see it. I'm not on-line all the time so in case of two equal bids the first one will get priority. Esp on Firday around 18:00 GMT+1 as I'm not sure I will be on-line...

Thanks again for bidding...

Wim

PS: in case there are any unwritten rules for auctions here, please do remind me of them. I'm doing it as I see best fit by lack of indications in the sticky...
07-02-2007, 02:55 AM   #3
and
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
A question, what kind of payment methods do you accept.
07-02-2007, 03:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
A question, what kind of payment methods do you accept.
Good point, forgot to add that. I accept both Paypal and EU bank transfer. I added this in the OP too. Thanks for reminding me!

Wim

07-02-2007, 05:28 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Auction

I didnt know this was a auction site.. wildherre
07-02-2007, 05:51 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wildherre Quote
I didnt know this was a auction site.. wildherre
I saw the accepted FA abbreviation in the marketplace sticky as meaning 'For Auction', so I though I would try that as it seemed the best way to determine the correct price for the F1.7x converter. Sorry if I upset some people by this...

I'll send Mo a PM for pointers...

Wim
07-04-2007, 04:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Half way through the auction and the highest bid sits at USD 240.

Wim

07-06-2007, 03:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hello all,

12:00 here now (GMT+1) so I'm no longer accepting bids through PM. All last bids until 18:00 GMT+1 are to be done in the thread itself.

Current highest bid sits at USD 270 or EUR 198.6.

tx, Wim
07-06-2007, 04:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
My final bid...

Have to go to work now...

$325.00

If no-one else bids higher, I promise to post lots of photos taken using this TC!
07-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Congrats Tom, I'm sending you a PM to finalize things.

tx! Wim