02-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
[SOLD] [Worldwide] Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm 1:2.8-4.0 Macro Focusing Zoom

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm 1:2.8-4.0 Macro Focusing Zoom

Asking Price
$60 US (Originally listed at $140.00 US - See why in the item description)

Item Location
Idaho, USA

Item Description
Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm 1:2.8-4.0 Macro Focusing Zoom No. 28415637 - $140 + shipping.

I am forced to sell some lenses due to a job loss. I will be selling more items in the near future if I can't find work quickly.

The lens is in very good condition. Some paint loss on the aperture ring and body, but pretty minor. The focus ring rubber looks unused and the glass is spotless. I couldn't see internal dust upon inspection tonight but I will check tomorrow in bright light outside. (I checked today with bad news - see below for update and price change)

The lens comes with a nice soft case that fits perfectly, original manual, generic bottom cap, and a Hoya 62mm Skylight Filter. There is no front cap so the filter always has stayed on. Judging by the look of the glass the filter has not been off much.

The focus/zoom ring moves very smoothly and amazingly does NOT exhibit zoom creep even when held completely vertically.

I will ship to Canada/Australia/UK/Japan at the additional USPS cost if you have some feedback on here and a verified/confirmed paypal address.

It would be difficult to find one in this condition. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

EDIT!!!! PLEASE READ: Today I examined the lens in direct sunlight very closely. I never noticed before, but one of the internal elements appears to be cloudy. I think it is the third lens from the front but not sure. I have never noticed any issues with IQ when using this lens. Also, there is the usual dust inside similar to other older zooms I've used. I have adjusted the price significantly down to $75 from my original listing price of $140. I apologize for not catching these issues earlier as I know they significantly reduce the value. It is still a beautiful and well built lens that will give you great results.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$10 shipping in the US. (PM me for international rates)

Shipping Services
USPS Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns accepted unless the lens is not as described. I will not refund shipping costs.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by bulbexposure; 02-23-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Price change due to finding cloudy element
02-23-2010, 06:29 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent about lens
02-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
PM replied.

Today I examined the lens in direct sunlight very closely. I never noticed before, but one of the internal elements appears to be cloudy. I think it is the third lens from the front but not sure. I have never noticed any issues with IQ when using this lens. Also, there is the usual dust inside similar to other older zooms I've used. I have adjusted the price significantly down to $60 from my original listing price of $140. I apologize for not catching this earlier. It is still a beautiful and well built lens that will give you great results.

Last edited by bulbexposure; 02-23-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Typo Edit
02-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
PM Sent for the lens

02-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
PM replied. Here are some pics taken with the lens and my K-x today. The first pic was taken in good light during the day and the second was taken outside just a few minutes ago in dim light.
Attached Images