Item for Sale
Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 EX DC Macro

Asking Price
$350.00

Item Location
Dallas, Texas

Item Description
Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 EX DC Macro lens.

CLick here for info from Sigma's web site.

Note that Sigma makes or has made several similar lenses, so be sure you understand what you would be purchasing. There is, or used to be, a lens similar to this one that did not have the designation "macro". That lens was less well reviewed than this one. There is also now an HSM version. And there is at least one, perhaps two, 18-50 zooms from Sigma that do not have the fixed f/2.8 aperture that the lens I am selling has.

I purchased the lens not for personal use but mainly for work—for shooting wedding ceremonies. I took it to a couple of weddings but found that I was using the Pentax DA* 50-135 f/2.8 more during ceremonies (where I usually can't get close) and that for receptions, where I can use flash, I preferred to use other lenses. So this lens has sat in my drawer without being used most of the time since I bought it—quite unfairly, since it's a good lens.

The photo of my daughter was taken today (2-25-2010) with a little help from a LumiQuest Softbox III. The photo of the lens shows most of what you will get: lens, hood, end cap, lens bag, original box with all the original enclosures. Not shown in the picture, but included in the purchase, is the original lens cap. (I just forgot about it when I took the picture.)

Not sure what else to say. Be happy to answer any other questions or provide other photos upon request.

I am not sure about shipping. I have used UPS in the past. I think it can be shipped for less than $20 but I will confirm this before you finalize your purchase.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$20?

Shipping Services
UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I've never had a buyer ask for a return before, but I see others are providing a policy. OK, I'll accept a return within 7 days of your receipt of the lens. Shipping back to me must be provided by the buyer and the return shipment must be insured for the replacement value of the lens. I will issue a refund after receiving and inspecting the lens.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

02-26-2010, 01:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
This is a very nice lens which will make someone very happy. I already have this focal range covered, in more ways than one--my LBA is not out of control, my LBA is not out of control......