Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
[SOLD] [US] Vivitar 75-205mm Macro Focusing Zoom (Kiron made)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar 75-205mm Macro Focusing Zoom (Kiron made)

Asking Price
$30 USD

Item Location
Seattle, WA

Item Description
You are looking at:
A used manual focus Vivitar 75-205mmMacro Focusing Zoom lens for Pentax K mount cameras

This lens will fit any Pentax K Mount camera (35mm film SLR or DSLR)

You will receive:
1 x manual focus Vivitar Multi-coated 75-205mm Macro Focusing Zoom lens
I do not have a front lens cap that will fit this.
It will be shipped with 1 rear lens cap attached and in a ziplock bag with good padding in the packaging.

I am not a camera equipment expert but I will do my best to describe my observations of this lens. This lens is in Fair - Good condition both optically and cosmetically. There is slight paint loss in the filter threads and around the edges of the zoom/focus ring, and around the rear of the aperture dial. There are a few specks of dust and some tiny cleaning marks on the front element that do not affect the image quality at all from what I can tell. There is no major scratches or any haze/fungus in the lens. The zoom/focus ring is slightly stiff (which I think is a positive thing as it prevents zoom creep). You can hold this lens straight up or down and it will not creep AT ALL! If I look in just the right light, I can see a tiny bit of oil in between the aperture blades but the aperture is still very snappy with no hesitation.

This lens takes beautiful pictures. This was a CLASSIC lens that was made by Kiron for Vivitar before they started branding the famous Vivitar Series 1 lenses (which Kiron also started out making for Vivitar). This lens is VERY similar to the Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f/3.5 lens. A tad bit smaller and quite a bit lighter results in just a little slower of a lens but I think most people agree when they see the pictures that these two lens have something in common. This lens displays absolutely incredible contrast and color. Also, it has a very nice soft vignette effect in the corners around the narrow depth of field when shot wide open (works nice for portraits). Upon stopping this lens down even 1 stop, it is VERY SHARP! I have attached a couple that I took with this lens while testing it. Ihis lens is perfect for landscapes, wildlife, portraits, and just a great all-around lens because it covers such a wide range.

I think this will still be a great lens for someone who wants to get a taste of why the old Vivitar lenses made by Kiron and Komine were so incredible without paying the cult following prices of over $100 for them.

Selling for $30 w/ free shipping to Continental US - (or willing to consider trades of any sort).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
FREE

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item will be shipped and insured via USPS within 24 hours of receiving cleared payment. Feel free to ask any questions you would like and I can send you any more pictures you need. What you see is what you get. I will do my best to describe the item as it is and I have a 100% feedback score in the marketplace and on eBay. All sales are final - no returns.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

03-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
hi JP,
sent a MP.