PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Zenitar-K 16mm f2.8 Fisheye lens

Asking Price
$125 US

Item Location
Aurora, CO USA

Item Description

This is a Russian-made fisheye lens with a 180º diagonal field of view on film. The APS-C field of view is less, so this is more of a mild fisheye - wide angle combination with the option of distortion correction in software. If you're not already familiar with this lens, the reviews cover everything here. I used one for 9 months and it was a lot of fun. (I replaced it with a Sigma fisheye which has one significant advantage, closer focusing.) I sold my copy here; this is one I bought used to try to talk my brother into. He is kind of boring about lenses.

This particular lens focuses to infinity, works properly and mounts to the camera without incident. It has a small amount of paint loss visible in the photos. There are two very fine scratches on the front element, less than 2mm long and close to the center. I took literally 20 photos trying to capture these and pretty much failed to make them visible. I don't think they'll affect images. The aperture is snappy and the ring clicks at all stops. Focus is smooth and the glass is clear.

If you get this lens new, it also comes with a box labeled in Cyrillic, a manual in Cyrillic and a pouch, none of which are here. But the important bits are included, like the special cap and the clear filter, part of the optical formula. The other filters are included for film use. The rear cap is also original.

Some more half-size photos are below. The complete larger-size image album is here.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$9 CONUS, free AK or HI, ask int'l

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
returns in 7 days if condition or function not as described
international shipping quotes on request

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
pm send......