PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Rikenon XR 135mm f2.8

Asking Price
$25 US

Item Location
Aurora, CO USA

Item Description

I bought this lens just to use in my 135mm test. I have mixed opinions about this lens, most of which I mention in the test. I would say the lens coatings let it down, though it is multi-coated. It's close enough to the Takumar Bayonet 135/2.5 so I put them in the same category for performance. I rated the Tak higher for build because the Rikenon's aperture ring only clicks at full stops. It doesn't have the weird color scheme of the Tak, though, and build is better than the 50mm f2 XR I sold.

The Rikenon may have not done so well in my test because of the tough competition, but it is certainly a competent performer. You don't need an adapter, you don't need a hood, it just works. Its exposure was very consistent. With digital, fixing contrast is easy. With better coatings, this lens might have gotten its own internet reputation.

I would have rated the condition as excellent except the lens has odd scratches on the body. I can't figure out why they're there. Anyway, the glass has no scratches, fungus or problems. The aperture ring clicks at all the stops and the blades are snappy and oil-free. Larger photos are in this album.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
$9 CONUS, free AK or HI, ask Canada

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
I normally ship worldwide, but weight and price aren't worth it here.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
pm sent............