PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro

Asking Price
365 USD ***NEW PRICE***

Item Location
Dayton, Ohio, USA

Item Description
For sale is one Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro. I purchased this lens new in January 2010, and have treated it like a baby since I've had it. I'm only selling it because I'm trying to reduce some redundancy in my lens collection (what can I say, I'm a macro addict).

This lens is in mint condition. I'm always hesitant to claim that anything used is truly mint, but in this case it couldn't be any more like the day it came out of the box. There are no signs of use, everything is clean. There are no scratches on the glass, lens barrel, or accessories. Mechanically and operationally the lens is perfect...nothing wrong with the focus action or the aperture. Focus limiter and AF/MF clutch are 100%. In short, this is indistinguishable from original condition. I always strive to accurately describe my items, and I have no doubt you'll be pleased with this item.

Also included is the original box, along with everything that came in it. The original lens caps, hood, pouch and papers are all here. I know the pouch didn't make it in the picture, but I was trying not to clutter the scene. Besides the picture of the whole kit, I have also included a shot of the front glass, but since the front element is so recessed on this lens, it's a challenging angle. Also posted below are a few shots taken with this lens over the past couple months using my K-7. It truly is a fantastic piece of glass.

I'll ship within one business day of receiving payment. Buyer pays actual shipping costs. I have no problem shipping internationally, and have gotten quite used to doing so. Insurance is optional, but encouraged. I'll allow the buyer to determine their own level of risk tolerance. But under no circumstances can I be responsible for damage caused by the carrier. Rest assured that I do make it a point to package things extremely carefully. As long as USPS doesn't play football with it, it'll be safe.

Payment only accepted via PayPal. PayPal fees are my responsibility (as I've said before...I'd never dream of charging the buyer for something that makes my life easier!).

Please don't hesitate to contact me via PM if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Actual shipping costs

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer can return the item immediately if it's not in the condition described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by aerodave; 03-09-2010 at 02:34 PM.
03-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Oh my... that IQ is breathtaking!
03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Original Poster
Giving this a little bump, and an updated price based on some market research.
03-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 25 (100%)
i have mine and its Epic,as resaerch will show you won't be disappointed to the top

cheers

03-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
PM sent with queries regarding insurance and postage to Oz

Cheers
03-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
PM responded to, Chris.

And you're right, cupic. It is an awesome lens, and it's capable of so much more than the ho-hum photos I posted above. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is because I got impulsive and pulled the trigger on a D-FA 100mm Macro WR because I'd like to be able to do some bad-weather macro. I just can't justify keeping two lenses with such similar specs. But there's no doubt that this Tammy has fantastic sharpness and rendering, and IQ-wise is as good as anything you can get in this class of lens.
03-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lens sold. Thanks to everyone for their interest!