PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar Macro Focusing Teleconverter 2X, PK/A

Asking Price
$70

Item Location
Aurora, CO USA

Item Description

This is an unusual teleconverter, designed primarily to turn a 50mm lens into a 1:1 macro lens. It does that job well. It also works as a 2X teleconverter. I know it's better than the Vivitar 2X-22 TC, and it has 7 elements. It focuses to infinity. I can't really say whether it's better or worse than any other TCs because I haven't used them. Internet opinions vary. Here's a comparison to a real macro lens: jr-worldwi.de: Photography: Technic That page also has more technical details than I want to type.

This version has the contacts to transmit aperture information from a KA mount lens. I started using this for macro work and then used it as a 2X TC because of those contacts. It also has an infamous Ricoh pin, which has never caused a problem for me because it is rounded.

Focusing is smooth through the range. The contacts work whether the TC is extended or at infinity. The glass has no scratches or fungus. Both levers move properly. Larger photos are here. It comes with what might be the original front and rear caps.

This TC has another variation with green lettering. If you don't like blue, I have a green one to sell later. I just prefer one item, one listing.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$6 CONUS, free AK or HI, ask int'l

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
The usual international shipping problem: First Class International for a reasonable rate, Priority Mail International for reasonable speed.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Dave, do you have photos you can show us with and without the TC?

Thanks
03-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
PM sent. (10 chars)
03-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 41 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by David Glazebrook Quote
Dave, do you have photos you can show us with and without the TC?

Thanks
I put 2 photos at the end of the Picasaweb album of lens photos, here. They have been resized by Picasaweb; I'll update the thread with non-resized images later. They were taken today, when it's cloudy here, with the SMC Pentax 300mm f4 on my *ist DS on a tripod. The lens is at f8 for both shots. The first shot was at 1/60, then 1/15 with the TC added.

I may have some others with my Tokina SD 400 f5.6; I'll have to see if they are direct comparisons.