Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 56 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax-A* 200mm F/2.8 (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax-A* 200mm F/2.8

Asking Price
$675

Item Location
Lens is in the US, not China!!
Ann Arbor, MI

Item Description
Pentax-A* 200mm F/2.8 in excellent condition.
Lens glass is excellent, with only a bit of dust inside. Lens body is also excellent overall - the only thing worth mentioning is that a small part of the green band around the hood is missing (less than an inch - see photo)

Comes with both caps - but no box, etc. Hood is the slide-out type.

The lens is amazingly sharp, and does not show fringing even at extreme contrast situations. Bokeh is also very nice.
Using it is a joy - manual focus is a breeze since focus barrel is easy to turn, but still well damped, and the lens snaps into focus; aperture ring is also buttery smooth - if that matters to you.
I'm selling this lens because I don't have a good application for it - so it's just sitting in my shelf.

Oh, and sorry for the mediocre pics don't have much time to set everything up...

As for trades, I'm entertaining an idea of getting a K-7; if you have one for trade, PM me!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$15-$25, depending on service

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return if not as described

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Fully extended (hood+close focus):

Front:

Body (fully retracted):

Mount:

Glass (you might discern some dust inside; otherwise, no scratches/ marks, etc):

Aperture blades:

The little missing band part:

Last edited by wlank; 03-15-2010 at 03:03 AM.
03-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Green band not missing

I don't think the missing inch of green band on the lens hood is really "missing". My copy, and all other copies I've seen, looks just the same. Don't ask me why, but I think it looked like that when it left the factory.
For those thinking about this lens - buy it! It's just an amazing piece of glass, and it can be used for concert photography in low light thanks to f2.8. And no, I haven't got any connection with seller pbo. But I love the lens, so this is a free bump!

Kjell

Last edited by bilybianca; 02-19-2012 at 10:07 AM.
03-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
pbo
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
don't think the missing inch of green band on the lens hood is really "missing". My copy, and all other copies I've seen, looks just the same. Don't ask me why, but I think it looked like that when it left the factory.
For those thinking about this lens - buy it! It's just an amazing piece of glass, and it can be used for concert photography in low light thanks to f2.8. And no, I haven't got any connection with seller pbo. But I love the lens, so this is a free bump!

Kjell
Thanks Kjell! I thought it was odd the band didn't cover the whole circle - so I mentioned that
03-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
pbo
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump and a price drop!