Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
[SOLD] Vivitar 285HV Flash for parts (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar 285HV Flash for parts

Asking Price
$15 shipped

Item Location
Dayton, Ohio, USA

Item Description
For sale is a Vivitar 285HV flash in excellent cosmetic condition, but poor working order. I burned something out in the trigger circuit one day, and now it doesn't fire properly. I replaced a burned-out resistor hoping that would fix it, but there must be more wrong with it than that. It powers on, and you can hear the capacitor charging. But the indicator light doesn't power on, and you can't trigger the flash. The flash does fire, however, when you turn the power switch on if the capacitor is charged. That shows me that some of the main working components are operational, but the trigger circuit is toast.

So, I'm selling this for parts. I figure someone may have use for some portion of the flash, or one of its accessories, and that beats throwing it in the trash. Maybe you need a new Vari-power module, or a replacement foot, or the wide-angle diffuser adapter. Maybe a spare battery tray is what you're looking for, or even some of the internal guts like a flash tube or capacitor.

(The Cactus V4 receiver shown in the pics is NOT included with this sale. I just needed something to stand the flash on!)

I have no idea what a broken flash is worth, and what it's worth to you may depend on what you need it for. So make an offer...this is a *very* negotiable item.

PayPal fees are included, as well as shipping via USPS Priority Mail to the lower 48. If you live in HI or AK, we'll work something out to keep it a good deal for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Free to CONUS

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns. Item sold as-is. You know it's broken, what reason could you possibly have to return it?

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by aerodave; 03-14-2010 at 10:01 PM.