Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 51 (100%)
[SOLD] Phoenix 100mm f3.5 Macro, MF, KA mount (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Phoenix 100mm f3.5 Macro, MF, KA mount

Asking Price
$80 US

Item Location
Aurora, CO USA

Item Description

This lens was made and sold under several names and two or three versions. This one is manual focus and has the A position on the aperture ring. It's known as much for its macro qualities as its inexpensive construction. The manual focus version feels a little better than the AF, but it's still entirely plastic except for the mount and some parts of the aperture mechanism. It is a 1:2 macro lens with a screw-on adapter that allows 1:1 magnification.

When I received the lens, it had some beach sand in it, so I took it apart, cleaned it, regreased it and reassembled. The sand left some scratches on the barrel but no other lasting damage. It works fine now, as a light and not very large 100mm macro or general purpose. The recessed front element reduces the need for a hood. I have read about others using the 1:1 adapter on other lenses with 49mm filters.

The glass is clear and unscratched, with no fungus or haze. The aperture is snappy and oil-free. The aperture ring clicks at all stops and works properly in the A position. The lens had a Ricoh pin, but since I had it apart anyway I removed it. Larger photos here.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$6 CONUS, free AK or HI, ask int'l

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
International shipping via First Class International (slow/cheap/no track) or Priority Mail International (faster/not cheap/tracking).

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Interesting. Sent you a pm.
03-17-2010, 02:32 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
I have the cosina version of this lens. Cheap packaging of some excellent pieces of glass! Long focus through as well which helps.