Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
[SOLD] Samsung GX10 (K10D) & Lens (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Samsung GX10 ( K10D ) & Lens

Asking Price
$375

Item Location
Geneva, NY

Item Description
As most of you know, the GX10 is the Samsung branded version of the Pentax K10d. Other than very slightly different body styling, it's basically identical.

The biggest different I can think of (other than that it says "Samsung" on it!) is that it only records in DNG raw format, not PEF or DNG like the Pentax models. It has the latest firmware.

I bought this GX10 kit as a backup to my K-X. After the K7 and K-X, I'm spoiled on small cameras! I'm pretty impressed with this camera, actually. Weatherproof, well-made, great viewfinder, a very nice 10 megapixels, just enough and doesn't clog up the hard drive as fast as a 14mp camera. I like the Samsung design, it's a little less Porsche than the K10d, not quite as rounded. It doesn't do automatic dark frame subtraction so astrophotographers prefer it. I have not seen any "high ISO banding" in my photographs with this camera, which is a relief!

This camera has 9,500 shots on it according to exif readings. It's in great shape. I can't find any flaws save a few faint scratches on back lcd, the "worst" of which isn't even on the LCD area, but on the black frame around it.

It has the original battery and charger, as well as two brand-new OEM batteries. One of them is still wrapped.

I will include a 1 gig SD card that has a little file on it called "modset". When you start the camera with card door open (with this card inserted) it will bring you right into "debug mode" which will allow you to adjust the focus. There are a few threads on this forum about focus adjustment on the K10d, this is the same thing. When you're done, turn the camera off, close the door, and start again, debug mode is off. It's awesome!

This kit comes with the Samsung version of the Pentax 18-55mm kit lens. It's quite sharp. Basically identical, except the Samsung coatings are blue, which match the ring around the lens. It's a metal-mount lens, not a "light" version.

I will also include the original Samsung strap. I don't have any documentation on this camera, but you can download most of what you would need, and honestly, I didn't need anything. I can point you to a pdf of the manual if needed. It also doesn't have a USB cord. I can provide either a USB cord OR a small SD card reader, your choice.

$410 shipped in the US. Foreign shipping beyond Canada will be $50, I will reimburse you if it ends up being less. I will only ship beyond Canada via priority express with EMS tracking, fully insured and declared. I reserve the right not to ship to a country based on its postal track record.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$10 in the US

Shipping Services
UPS, UPSP Prioty

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Domestic buyers get a 3-day inspection period. Foreign sales as-is because of cost of shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 

Last edited by dreilly; 03-18-2010 at 06:34 PM.
03-18-2010, 01:21 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Bump for you. It's a very good camera as i tested and still use it
03-18-2010, 07:48 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I'm open to "Best Offers" and would consider a trade for a limited lens or a 100mm FA macro...
03-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
REDUCED to $375 for the kit!

03-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Reduced again!

Reduced to $350 shipped in the US! $370 shipped internationally.
04-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)
If I didn't have a K10 allready I would buy this from you in a heartbeat. Good luck with the sale!
04-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Steve! I keep getting serious sounding inquiries, but then silence...

doug