PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K1000 body only

Asking Price
$15

Item Location
Aurora, CO USA

Item Description

The K1000, maybe you've heard of it? There's probably enough opinion about the camera elsewhere on this site, if you don't know about it already. This particular camera is in good shape, with no unusual or unexpected wear. Minor cosmetic issues include a dent in the left point of the top plate and a scratch on the back left of the top plate. The meter works and reads correctly. It adjusts its reading for changes in shutter speed, aperture and ASA. The battery compartment is clean. The hot shoe and PC socket both fire a flash. The film compartment is clean. The shutter curtains are clean and in good shape. The mirror seal was crumbling and getting all over the viewfinder, so I replaced it. The viewfinder has some minor dust spots. The mirror has no scratches on it.

I did not replace the door seals, which should be done eventually, given how the mirror seal was. I did not check the timing of the shutter speeds. The shutter fires at them all, and you can hear the slow-speed mechanism working at slow speeds. Markings indicate the camera was not made in Japan. My scale says 615 grams. There's no strap or body cover.

That's about everything I know on this camera. Larger versions of the photos are in this album.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$9

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
US only because it's heavy and cheap, sorry.
Refund if condition is not as described

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
No one wanted this lovely classic camera? OK, it's all mine

I'm going to use it too!

Last edited by J.Scott; 03-22-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: price comment