Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
[SOLD] Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4 with Accessories (US, Canada)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4 with Accessories (US, Canada)

Asking Price
$100

Item Location
Plattsburgh, NY or Williston, VT or Lacolle, QC

Item Description
I bought this from its original owner, who purchased it brand new in 1968 or 1969 (I forget which). Optically, it's in perfect condition. It has no flaws whatsoever. It was a bit yellowed when I first got it, but a few hours under a black light and a couple days in the sun got rid of all yellowing. There's no dust, no fungus, no scratches, absolutely nothing. The pictures speak for themselves.

The assembly itself is in excellent condition. Some corners of the focus ring show a tiny bit of wear from normal use, but it's really negligible. The focus ring turns extremely smoothly, the aperture ring has very positive stops but is also easy to turn. As far as function, this lens feels like it time-traveled here from the 60's.

The reason I'm listing the condition as "fair" is because there's a K-mount adapter permanently attached to it. I used some blue threadlocking compound to make sure it would stay in place. and it looks like it did a great job. None of the threadlocker is visible, it just looks and acts like a K-mount lens. But it won't click in place like a K-mount lens because I've purposely removed the retaining clip. This has not been an issue for me since the resistance of the adapter on the camera has been more than enough to keep the lens safely in place, even when I was swinging the aperture ring through its entire range. But I'm mentioning it here to be thorough.

I'm including a bunch of accessories with this lens:

First, there's a genuine Asahi Pentax 49mm Skylight filter, which came mounted on the lens. It's from the same era as the lens. I've been using it on some of my other lenses, but it technically belongs on this one so I'm including it with the sale.

Second, I have some Prinz 49mm close-up filters that are also from the same era as this lens. They're Nos. 1, 2 and 3. They work great and allow some seriously close focusing. I've had all 3 stacked together and was able to get within almost touching distance of my subject. These filters are in their own leather case.

Third, there's the original front lens cover, labeled "Asahi Pentax". It's in great condition, with the minor exception of one tiny wear spot where the bare metal is visible (this can be seen in the picture).

I'll also throw in a genuine Pentax rear lens K-mount cover. Nothing fancy there, just the standard Pentax plastic cover.

My review of this lens and some sample pictures I've taken with it can be seen here:
Pentax Lens Review and Specification Database - 50mm F1.4
(near the bottom, my review is currently the last one)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
US/Canada

Shipping Charge
included in asking price

Shipping Services
UPS or USPS in US / Canada Post in Canada

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by GoremanX; 04-03-2010 at 11:41 AM.
04-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
.....bump!
04-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #3

Any chance of shipping to Chile?? I've been looking for this lens for a while, and yours seems like a nice option. Thanks!