Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 51 (100%)
[SOLD] Vivitar 500mm f8 Mirror Lens with T2 to K Adapter (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar 500mm f8 Mirror Lens with T2 to K Adapter

Asking Price
$60 US

Item Location
Aurora, CO USA

Item Description

This is the Vivitar version of the Samyang mirror lens, also sold under several other brands. It's an inexpensive way to get to 500mm, also light and compact compared to conventional lenses. If you have to travel by air, no one will ask you if it's a weapon. Lots of examples and discussion are in this thread.

I think build quality is pretty good, focusing is smooth and well-damped, and the lens seems to perform correctly. The mount works fine on the camera. With no aperture, you can use any mode. I had an opportunity to move up to the Tamron SP mirror, and yeah, it's better, but with care this lens is fine if you give it some help. (Like don't shoot through 20 miles of humid pollution, focus carefully and use SR or a tripod.)

Front and rear caps included. The original set of three 30.5mm rear filters is included. I had the manual and maybe a box but can't find them - I'll keep looking. Photos are half-size, the album of larger versions is here.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$9 CONUS, free AK or HI, ask int'l

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
International shipping via First Class International (slow/cheap/no track) or Priority Mail International (faster/not cheap/tracking).

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!